Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default News story about overdose of an antiemetic

There is a sad new story in the Daily Mail today of a young woman who has died after overdosing on Cyclizine (an anthistamine anti-emetic) following a night out drinking, so I am guessing she started feeling sick and took an anti-emetic but unfortunately took too many and that combined with the alcohol killed her.

There's no suggestion she was an emetophobe, although I would have thought the fact she had the pills which are prescription only in the UK, and the fact she took them after drinking and probably being nauseous leans towards that being a possibililty, but either way, this does show that anti-emetics are powerful drugs and not to be abused especially if you have consumed alcohol or any other drugs that could interact badly with them.

The link to the story is here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ombs-date.html

Default Re: News story about overdose of an antiemetic

Very sad story. Just goes to show you that when you're drunk you CANNOT make a sensible decision about anything. It also shows that vomiting is actually a helpful thing to our bodies. Anyone with that much alcohol in their system needed to get it out, not suppress vomiting. The poor thing.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: News story about overdose of an antiemetic

Horrible story. I bet she was emet. Many drinkers think it is a badge of honor to puke after a night of drinking.

RIP

Kick emets a....