Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Exposed! Please help

Hey all so I left the site for awhile but decided to come back as I am really upset here. I was on a film set yesterday on which there was a 3 year old boy who came to act. He was v*ing all day (he was there for about 3 hours) into a bag that his mother brought! I had to stay on set and tried my best to stay away and wash my hands. Anyway Im in my bed right now feeling as though Im about to v*. What do you all think about my chances of getting it? I am really scared right now. Any advice? Thank you!

Default Re: Exposed! Please help

How close were you to him? I've read it's really only transmitted by hand to mouth or if you're seriously right there next to someone v*

Well I was never near him when he wctuly vomited, however I had to walk into the room that he vomited in several times and like I said (sorry if this is gross or triggering) but his mom had a bag full of his v* that she just left lying around. I obviously stayed very far from it but Im worried that it like spread germs all around the set and I came into contact with them :/

The good thing is you were washing your hands, this should absolutely be protecting you from being sick! I think it's very irresponsible for someone to bring their sick child out in public like that! Many people without emetophobia probably weren't even phased by him being sick, so I would think they would be the ones catching his bug because they weren't as careful as you. I've had emetophobia for the last 22 years, I know how bad this sucks

Yes! I keep trying to tell myself that I would be the least likely to catch it. However I am feeling extremely n* right now. Do you think it would be too soon to be showing symptoms. I started feeling ill around 830 this morning and I was contact with him around 2pm til night time. I know it usually takes 24 hours to get symptoms so I am counting the hours! Haha

Takes about 36hrs usually to show symptons (between 24-48). If you werent near when he v, then youre fine. The virus particles dont get up and wander about and sit wherever it feels like. It cant move unless WE move it. Im 100% youll be fine. X
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

Okay then I guess I'd be a little early then now. The main thing I worried about is that the v* wasnt contained, he v* on the floor that I had to walk on! But I immediately showered when I got home and tried not to touch my hands to my mouth. I just keep going over every movement I made yesterday. This is just the closest I've ever came to being this exposed so naturally I am freaking out. I'm keeping a close watch on the other people who were on set because I am assuming that I wouldn't be the ONLY one to catch it. If I DO end up getting sick, any advice on how to keep from v* with a sv*?

Did they clean up the v before you walked there? If so, youre still in the clear. The virus particles follows the stream, so if he V down, the particles wouldve gone the same way.

You could try home remedies, peppermint and ginger for n*.

They did not clean up the vomit well. Just wiped it up but there was still a stain. However I did not touch these areas obviously but I may have walked on top of them. I just heard word that he was contagious because his babysitter got sick. And advice I am petrified here and I feel so so ill. Am I doomed?

I geniunly do not think youre doomed. You didnt lick your shoes did you? :P x
    If youre n, grab some ginger or peppermint tea/sweets.

Well that's comforting to hear. Thank you for the confidence. I will keep responding to this thread with updates as Im sure I will get anxious multiple times tonight haha.

How are you feeling now Sarah?

ugh, hope you're feeling better now. i think you're probably feeling ill because you're so anxious about the incident.

I actually think Im going to throw up. Another person on set is now sick and throwing up. You guys I am doomed please please help!

As someone who works on film sets myself, I know how hard it is when you're stuck there and there are people standing around you throwing up into bags and buckets and you can't just run off set. The first thing to remember though, is to wash your hands. If you avoid touching your face, particularly your mouth and eating with unwashed hands, you can reduce your chances of catching anything significantly. Now the next thing to remember is that these people are not throwing up all over the floor, they're throwing up into bags and bins and buckets.

These are containers and any particles or droplets that might otherwise have gone flying around get smashed against the sides of the container instead, and that's where the germs stay, inside the container. And when these containers are just left lying around, they don't emet infections particles, so walking past them isn't going to hurt you.. In fact, you could practically lean right over and have a good sniff and you'd still not get infected.
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.

Okay so it turns out that the other crew member (my roommate) was lying about throwing up just to freak me out! People can be so cruel. So though Im still worried, Im not panicking anymore. I'll keep you all updated and thank you so much for the help

Ugh what a jerk thing to do, seriously! Glad they weren't really sick though - hopefully your anxiety has calmed down a bit now as a result. Anyway, hang on in there and when you're struggling, remember all the words of encouragement that the kind members here have given you (that always helps me when I'm panicking) - and remember that we're here for you too!
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.

That was cruel thing for the crew member to do! It sounds like you were just anxious. I'm sure you'll be fine.

So it's been about 48 hours (a few hours under) since I've been on set, however I am now starting to get stomach cramps. Do you guys think I am in the clear and this is just in my head?

Hi Sarah429,

I'm so sorry you had that experience! I'm sure you did a good job with your personal hygiene and chances of getting it are very low. I know every time I've been exposed and gotten s* (only once for sure that I know of) I've started show symptoms around 40-42 hours MAX after exposure. I'd say you're in the clear, but if you want to wait 72 hours to be really sure, that would be the absolute longest I think the incubation period could be! Hang in there!

Thank you so much! I made it through last night though I woke up several times with stomach cramps and Im still having them. Though Im assuming something would've happened by now if it were going to. I still can't help but worry though :/

Typically, if youve been exposed, symptoms will appear around 36hr mark.
    I think youre just working yourself up at this point, maybe being anxious about going back to the set?

Im feeling much better now. Thank you all so much. Im really glad I got through this

Just read this. Glad you are feeling well. NOT COOL what your friend did. I have been hearing stories all week about this one and that one with SV. Sometimes the anxiety makes you feel n. SO glad you are ok. Yay you!