Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Really, really struggling

Not going to waffle on but basically I get the verdict in court on Thursday regarding my abusive ex.

And my stomach is in shreds.

I mean, I have gone through nerves before with other things and felt a little n* and the butterflies and the adrenaline...

But nothing in my life has ever compared to this event, and I feel really s* to my stomach. To the point I could gag. And it's getting worse. Come Thursday I am just as worried about v* just before and/or after the verdict as I am about the verdict itself.

Guys has anyone here been through something so extreme and massive that they have felt the n* and gagging I do? This feels way worse than standard anxiety n* in comparison. Diazepam is helping a little but my doctor today said she was concerned about me getting addicted! All I need.

Any support always, always appreciated, you lovely lovely bunch x

Default Re: Really, really struggling

Yep, I've been in that exact same situation. When a good family friend died, I felt really guilty (I had no involvement in the death whatsoever, I just tend to feel awful about these things) and I feel very, very legitimately ill. It was so bad that I was taking a shower and I stopped the water thinking "oh god, I can't really be getting sick." I couldn't eat, and it took me a good 4 hours in bed before I could finally sleep. But, in the end, nothing happened. Once the guilt and crippling anxiety passed, I was perfectly fine. You'll be fine, dear, you just have to wait the feelings out.

So sorry to hear that. It's awful to go through a trauma, but then the on top makes it worse.

Sweet, my heart is with you! I was just talking to my husband about this today! I get extremely anxious for 4-5 days prior to something big and I'm a mess, tearful, nauseated, cross, too tired to sleep, the whole nine yards. The best thing for me are childhood comfort techniques like warm milk and honey, hot water bottles, or a my laptop plugged in next to my bed playing soft rain, waves breaking, and even just a heartbeat, lol. Thinking of you hun. xx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Sweet, my heart is with you! I was just talking to my husband about this today! We've just been through a tough fortnight with out son being badly bullied (police involved) and I get extremely anxious for 4-5 days prior to something big and I'm a mess, tearful, nauseated, cross, too tired to sleep, the whole nine yards until the day of the event, and suddenly I'm so wired that I feel clear and calm. The best thing in the lead up to these things for me are childhood comfort techniques like warm milk and honey, hot water bottles, or a my laptop plugged in next to my bed playing soft rain, waves breaking, and even just a heartbeat, lol. Thinking of you hun. xx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Yes, I dry heaved for a few days straight when I went through a situation 8 years ago. It was awful. Yes to everything mamafear said above. Gentle rain helped me. Don't worry about how much you're eating (I couldn't for a few days, I would gag putting anything to my mouth), and remember that this is temporary! So sorry that you're dealing with this.

Thanks for your really kind and helpful messages.
    He got not guilty.
    I'm in bits, have barely eaten or slept in days.
    Emet is at it's worst as I feel sick from not eating or sleeping.

I'm so sorry it ended this way. I wish I had the right words but I don't. I hope he leaves you alone and you are able to move past this. hugs.

i don't have any advice but i'm sorry to hear that and i feel for you. hugs as well

Thanks guys..
    Just want to find a way to be able to eat and sleep again at least.