Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Assurance

Default Assurance

OKay, so I think im okay, but just want to check. Today at lunch I ate a cup of noodles and I never touched the fork directly, but I might've touched the sides of the cup, which the fork might've ended up touching, and I continued to eat. Am I okay for noro? And also, for supper this evening, I fixed my own sub sandwich at my house. I washed m hands and whatnot, but my arm touched the inside of the bag, and the bun may have touched that part of the bag, too. Am I okay for noro?

Default Re: Assurance

Did you know that there is a naturally blooming flower known as Norovellus Auoroa it's native to parts of South America and Indonesia. The flower itself is quite unassuming, brightly colored petals, usually red, yellow, blue or white depending on the genus - but at it's heart this flower harbours a dark secret. The stem of the plant contains a milky white sap, and this sap contains what are known as proteocalicibacteria. These bacteria secrete proteins which combine to form a strain of Norovirus.

It's long been known to local tribes people that eating these particular pretty plants causes "gauhoae" literally meaning "short lasting sickness", but only when microbiologists collected samples of this sap did we begin to understand more about it. The wonderful thing is that this strain of Norovirus known as GI.2 can be cultivated in the lab, which is why in recent years we have been able to develop vaccines and study the exact behaviour and mechanisms of Norovirus under electron microscopy.

Don't panic sadie, Norovirus isn't everywhere - but if you travel to South America or Indonesia, avoid picking the flowers, otherwise the sap from your hands will cover them with Norovirus.
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.