Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

my fears and anxiety are really starting to ruin things for me and literally control lots of aspects of my life so my stepmom requested that I be put on medications. I'm afraid of becoming dependant on the drugs and the side effects that I heard cause n*. plus I'm tiny so I'm afraid it will be too much for my body. and is it expensive?

someone please help

what meds are you taking for your anxiety?

does it help?

what are were and are your side effects?

do you know of any other options?

Hi! I take Paxil, Clonazepam, and ativan. I never had anyreal side effects with any of these. I DO find my Paxil to be expensive, BUT, the effects of NOT being on it are way more devestating to me. When I got pregnant (5 years ago) I had to go off the clonazepam and ativan, and I had withdrawl from them. For me, personally, I like my meds, and think i need them. Others have different opinions about meds. I like to live life without constant panic attacks, it is much moer pleasant.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

HI.....for my anxiety I take xanax...well the generic for xanax........and it does wonders for me...of course nothing is 100% but it makes me relax somuch more than without it.....and I take a very low dose....it's .25 mgs....so that's very very low really. Sometimes when I feel like i will lay awake at night in fear and can't seem to go to sleep i will take one...and it just makes me go to sleep so easy and it's such a wonderful night's sleep.....no tossing and turning...no waking up...and when i do get up in the am..i feel like I actually rested good.....i don't feel tired and like i haven't slept really like i do alot.....so i love that stuff.....if you keep uping your dosage though...you could become addicted I guess.....as far as side effects...none....just maybe a little tired....but not bad at all...........it makes me feel sooooooooo relaxed...but i take it at work too...so you can function normally with this........I would talk to a doc about it...and they can suggest the best med for you.....good luck....i know how you feel.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I take zoloft and I have only seen 3 real side effect. I dont sleep as soundly as I used to, I clench my teeth more and I have less of a sex drive since starting it. Always remember... those side effects stated on meds dont apply to everyone.

I take Prozac and Klonopin. No side effects with the Klonopin, but be warned that they can be addictive. I'm currently taking the lowest possible dose (.25 mg 2x/day) under the care of a psychiatrist. I'm also taking 30 mg Prozac/day. When I first when on it, I had some headaches, and I was a little more tired than usual. Both of those side effects went away. The only side effect I still have from the Prozac is that I'm generally not able to have an orgasm.

Prozac and Klonopin are both available in generic versions...I think I pay about $18 per month. I'm tiny too, and I think the psychiatrist has to take that into consideration when finding the proper dosage.Edited by: kel12347
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

wow...thankyou all so much!