Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Chicken strips

Default Chicken strips

Okay, so I fixed myself some chicken strips today. the bag said they are fully cooked. I put them in the oven for around 10-12 minutes probably on 425.
    The bag says 15-20 min or until heated through, and you can also put them in the microwave. When I ate them, they weren't cold. So am I okay for like food poisoning?

Default Re: Chicken strips

You are a-ok. If they are the kind we get, they just need heating up.... And you did that.

You cooked them at 425 degrees celsius??? That's hot enough to melt lead!!! Barely a few seconds at that temperature and they'd have disintegrated, along with I might add, any bacteria, viruses, parasites, pathogens, alien life, mosquitoes, bees, wasps and human fingers.... Nothing tastier than cremated chicken strips right.

They were pre-cooked, so no bacteria, no viruses, no chance of food poisoning
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.

YES! you will be okay if they say that they are fully cooked then you honestly could eat them frozen right out of the bag (though I do not suggest doing so because i'm sure they will be horrible to eat) but you will be okay they only tell you to put them in the oven to heat them up all the way through. People use the oven because it makes them crunchy and people use the microwave for a quick fix. Thats all. I hope they were yummy!!

totally fine. basically you are just reheating them. I ate those all the time when pregnant and put them in for like 12 minutes and was done.