Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well, thought I would update....Friday my daughter seemed better, ate some lunch and dinner and then was sitting in front of the toilet before bed because she felt sick again but nothing happened. She went to bed, slept all night and then woke up in the morning with the same thing saying her stomach felt sick. She wouldn't eat anything and had that sick look in her eyes again. So my husband brought her in to the doctor and guess what, she tested positive for strep. No sore throat, no fever, just stomach issues. I'm not sure whether the whole illness was caused by strep. The doctor didn't know either. She could have had a virus and then just came down with strep on top of it. She's finally feeling better today and I am so glad it is finally over!

Glad it is over for you guys. I just saw your post for the first time and Ihave a 3 year old that had an SV at the beginning of November and he did V* every 45 minutes for 6 -8 hours. I did call the Pediatrician since I was freaking out and they told me that after he was V* free for 1 hour, he could have a tablespoon of Gatorade diluted with water, every 10 minutes. If he V*'d in between, he had to start over 1 hour V* free. After an hour of a tablespoon every 10 minutes, he could have 2 talbespoons. He could have ice chips and after 5 hours of V* free, he could have toast, applesauce, banana or rice. That was it. He did great and it was gone by bedtime. He did have a 101.5 temp and that too went away by bedtime.

Those SV things are scary and I made my husbadn come home from work to help care for my son since I cannot do it alone. i did clean it all up and did the laundry all day, but I made my husband give him the gatorade and hold him when he wanted comfort. I stayed in the room with him and talked to him and got him things, but I could not hold him. Sad that we are like this, but we were made this way for a reason and we certainly did not ask for it. Hopefully, we won't get too much exposure therapy from our kids, but I think that over time, it does make it a little easier...NOT EASY, but easier.

Hope you guys are all well now and keep washing your hands
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

I have heard that there is something called Scarlet Fever that often heralds strep throat. Two of the main symptoms of this are vomiting, stomach pain, and a rash. I have a niece that get strep throat often, and the only symptoms she will have are a fever and a rash. No sore throat. Even when my father in law had strep last winter, he did have a sore throat. He didnt have the vomiting either, or a rash. Just a high fever.

I am glad that it is over and she is on the mend!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by harmonygirl72

Cheerio,

As a music teacher planning a huge Christmas concert for next Wed
    (and TOTALLY stressing out about it!!), I want to thank you for not
    sending your daughter to sing in it sick. My biggest fear is that
    someone will get sick on stage!!

Also, I think you have handled this like a pro! You should be so
    proud of what a good mom you are! I hope to be even close to as good of
    one someday!

Mary

When I was 6, someone did V on stage next to me during the xmas
    concert.. it was horrible because I kept trying to get my teachers
    attention in the audience and pointing to the girl next to me that was
    doing it right there on stage and they didnt notice.. someone finally
    pulled her offstage, I dont remember much else except the girl told me
    she told her parents she didnt feel well and they made her eat and go
    anyway!!! argh!

Cheerio,

I am glad you got to the bottom of this. For some odd reason, it sounded like strep to me which is why I posted so a few days back. She probably never got over the first bout of it. Whether or not she had a virus also, you'll never know. The fact that once you started treating it as strep and she is feeling better tells me it was strep all along. Thank goodness she is on the mend.

Stella

So glad to hear your little one is finallyfeeling better.

I posted last summer that my cousin, who is 13,has had strep twice in her lifetime (three years ago andlast summer) and both times it presented in her stomach!! She never had a sore throat, never had the other symptoms... just stomach pain and diarreah. The first time she caught ither mom and dad thought it was a virus and waited almost a week before getting her in to see the doctor... it tooknearly a month for her stomach to fully recover after that bout. This past summer they took her in after two days and she was much better by two weeks later. Both times they had to wait for the results of the more time consuming labs (not the quick swab done in office because those both came back negative), but theycame back positivewithin a few days and treatments were started.

So you never know...

Just glad to hear she's on the mend!
    ~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Well, she went to school today. I'll see how's she's doing when she gets home. She's no longer contagious, hasn't had a fever since last Wednesday or any V*ing since then, but she has nearly no appetite. Is eating about a quarter of her normal food. Yesterday she ate pretty good all day and then ate two bites for dinner and said she wasn't hungry. I, of course, immediately think she's going to v* again, but nothing. I guess when she feels hungry, she'll eat. She's acting completely fine and so far, no rash. So I don't think it is scarlet fever. The funny thing is when they did the rapid strep test, the nurse said she just barely crossed the threshold for strep bacteria in her bacteria count. They gave her amoxicillin anyway. Maybe last Wedenesday was a stomach virus and then by Friday she had developed strep. She was completely fine Friday afternoon. I even took her to get a haircut and then she relapsed Friday night/Saturday morning with stomach pain and nauseau. Who knows. As long as we all stay well for awhile.....