Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Sv ?

Default Sv ?

Well my problem started 6days ago with a crampy wind feeling stomach , I had d* 4days ago which imodium stopped , I then continued to have upper stomach cramps an back ache , took paracetmol , this morning day 6 I had more d* an my bk an stomach hurt . I went to a friends house to a get together the day after my d* an now half have got a sv there blaming me cause I had a stomach ache , even though I didn't even use the toilet while there ! One of the other woman's kids have had a sv though . I've got a doctor appoin tomo cause im in constant ache pain .do u think this is a sv I've got ?

Default Re: Sv ?

It's a bit of a personal question Yeep but what kind of d* do you have? Is it large quantities of watery d*? Is there any blood or mucus in there as well?
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.

Hi , yes watery , had 4 d* in a 2 hour timeframe this morning before I took imodium , no blood that I could see and no mucus I don't think

From the sounds of that it could be a SV, or it could be bacterial. It's not Norovirus, it could be Rotavirus, or it could be a bacterial infection - in which case I would advise you not to take any more Immodium as this can prolong the infection - it really is better out than in! Do you have a fever? (assuming not)
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.

I don't have a fever , Im a single mum an have 2 small children so having d* all day is not really a option hence why I took immodium . I'm going to the doctor this morning

I didn't mean to sound insensitive - it's just that if you do have a bacterial infection, taking Imodium will simply prolong it and you could end up stuck on the toilet for say a week and a half as opposed to a week etc. Let us know what the doctor says

The Dr said he thinks it's irritable bowel , he prescribed omperazole and buscopan ... But I cannot take the buscopan after reading the instructions because I have a fast heart rate , so I've got to go bk to the Drs this morning to get it changed an I will be seeing a different Dr . He told me I could take immodium though . Still having stomach cramps

I had something like this earlier this year it started as super gassy cramps. I had liquid D* for a week and a half, especially after eating. I was about to go see a doc and it finally stopped. I think it was a virus. My bf had it Too. I hope you feel better soon, hang in there!