Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Help/reassurance please.. :/

I'm meeting my GF next Saturday and she said she v* twice yesterday and said it may have been a bug. I heard that the SV can last in your stools for up to a month which means it still can be passed onto me if she doesn't wash her hands after a BM, right? And what about kissing? Will it be alright? I'm such a stupid idiot because I want to call off the date because of this. I also think I shouldn't be with her at all because I'll be asking if she's feeling okay 24/7 and make up excuses for not meeting her if she falls ill before we meet. Even if she told me she hasn't been ill recently, I don't think I'd believe her because I've been lied to before about people saying they've never got sick recently when they DID have the SV. She says she understands but I don't think she does.. I really like her and don't want this stupid phobia to ruin yet another relationship. I know, I know.. It's SO easy to say, "don't let it ruin your life" but when you encounter your fear, that saying goes out of the window. I usually steer clear from people that *may* or have had the SV* for up to a month. It will make my GF feel awful if I cancel the date because she's traveling quite far to see me and looks forward to seeing me..

What should I do?
    Last edited by Rls1994; 03-29-2015 at 12:50 PM.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Default Re: Help/reassurance please.. :/

It will have been a week since she was sick. You should be fine, just use good hygiene as Im sure you do. I don't know about kissing, I've read other posts that say it does not transfer through saliva. I'm sure she'll be more understanding than you think. Try to relax and enjoy your time