Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Would you worry if ...?

My baby just had a play date with another baby friend who had a SV 1 week ago. Should I be worried that this baby might still be contagious and he could catch it from her??

Default Re: Would you worry if ...?

Not a chance cake - it was a week ago, that's 7 days - the baby would only have been contagious for 48 hours after tops, so your baby will be just fine
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.

Default Re: Would you worry if ...?

I wouldn't worry too much. Rotavirus would be what would concern me as they are contagious for much longer than a regular bug, but honestly, any mom getting their child ready for a play date is going to clean them up well and babies don't change their own diapers, so honestly, the chances are beyond slim. If the parents never caught it and the baby seemed healthy and you didn't change his or her diaper I honestly wouldn't worry too much! A week is a long time!