Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: period Pains

I feel like crap,i've started my period this morning and i'm in so much pain,i have this really weird cycle were one month i'm ok as far as pain goes,just a normal period then the next month i am in so much discomfort and get a bit dizzy!!!! When i was 20 many years ago i was taken in to hospital with a cyst on my ovary,i was luck as they caught itin time before it burst and i just took antibiotics to make it smaller,but i was just wondering if the month that i have a bad peroid is the ovray that had the cyst on it.........Anyway i'm not looking forward to this afternoon as i have a guy coming around to install broadband for me and when u feel like this u just want to slob out and curl up in a ball.Not the sort of thing that u can do whena guy is here.....i've just hada shower so i'm feeling alot more refreshed but lets hope the pain eases.....Does anyone else have this problem where one month is ok and the next is bad!!!!!????????

Take care vicky x

Yes, i think i have that.... One month it's fine, the nxt month i can jsut about put up with it, but the month after you are like in complete pain!!!

Weird... [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]lol if they get really bad, i have to stay off skool, and i dont take any medicines for it, i dont like taking medicines, esp. tablets.... oh i liek calpol though [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

I have that...some times...

I think you may be right about the ovarie..im assuming you havent been seen by a doctor in a while? If you could..at some point..you may want to get your female aprts checked out..jsut to make sure you dont have something like that cyst again!

My mom had a cycst on her ovarie too but she had to have the ovarie taken out. She now has a fibroid the size of er uterus and has to have a hysterectomy...

oh the joys of being a woman huh?
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

I use to have that. I went on the pill to ake it stop though and try and regulate it all. It seems to have worked. I still have the odd days here and there where the pain is just horrid. A nice hot water bottle feels really good or a hot bath and just pour hot tub water over your stomach.

I would go (if you haven't in the last year) and see a Gynocologist just to make sure that it isn't something bigger and maybe they can suggest something for the pain.

I agree with kmarie. The joys of being a woman some days Ugh[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Bleh!! That sucks, that was me yesturay and a bit today!!! And Yes sometimes I have bad months, then good ones. I'm on birthcontrol, and I was told that sometimes you can be fine one month, and get cramps another.

I took some ibuprophen, and just relaxed. Ah forget the man, lol, jump in some pijamas and relax, I doubt he'll even notice!!!!

Hopefully you feel better, I agree with Melikasa also to get it checked out and such though.

cheers.

I used to have really bad, painful cramps each month. I would feel awful, but I tried not to take painkillers, unless absolutely necessary. They say if you go on the pill it helps. Well, I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for a year and a half, and the cramps weren't any better. Then, two months ago, I switched to Yasmin, and I feel 110% better! I've barely had a twinge in the two months I've been on it. It's great! Today's the first day of my flow, which is usually the worst, but I barely feel a thing. If you're not already on the pill, you should look into it. Talk to your doctor and figure out which option is best for you. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UGH! I feel for you! I have crazy periods too! I usually always get cramps but soem months are worse than others and sometimes they last longer or less time than the month before and every once in a while I wont' get them at all (LOVE thos emonths!) Anyhow I hope you feel better soon! All this crap we go thru sucks!

"oh the joys of being a woman huh?" No kidding, Kmarie!

I know it is difficult for you as far as doctors go because of the agoraphobia but you have been making such great progress hopefully it wont' be too long before you can go tot he doctor. Especially if antibiotics can rid you of the pain then that would be wonderful!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I do the exact same thing... one month is great, little pain, little bleeding and the next month is absolutely horrible! Cramps for days, massive bleeding, just all around terrible pain BLEH!

I too had an ovarian cyst once and do think that has something to do with it. I actually will have a 3 week/4 week cycle... I will go 3 weeks in between one time and 4 weeks the next and the 4 week cycle is the more painful of the two. It's actually quite possible that you still get cysts from time to time... that's something that once you get one, it's not abnormal to get them again. I believe I still get them because often times I'll have horrible pain for about a week before my period starts and three times I've woken up in tremendous agony feeling like my insides were going to burst for about thirty minutes... then it just stops, as quickly as it started it's gone. I think that is when the cyst untwists itself (oh fun!). Everytime was approx.two days before I started my period.

The best thing to do is just try and relax... easier said than done I know, but when you're muscles tense up it just makes it worse. Then, use warm water, or a heating pad (those pad things you buy at the pharmacywork wonders). I know it's awful... but just think... you always get through it and you get a few weeks in between at least.

Anyone ever notice how all of the problems us women have begin with men?? I mean look at it... MENtal illness, MENstration, MENopause, G(u)Ynocologist! I blame it ALL on the men!!!

Hope you feel better really soon!

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

I get that quite often. But I seem to get it about 1-2 weeks before i'm on. I think unfortunatly its just something we all have to deal with unfortunatly!! But if you do get worried - especially with your history, maybe you could see a doctor. I suggest eating chocolate!!!

I can sympathise hon. I too have my period right now and for the first few days I get terrible pains and it always takes ages for painkillers to kick in. It makes you feel lethargic and stuff and not like doing anything really. In fact I dread every month! Take it easy hon and don't overdo it. Thinking of you and hope that u r feeling a lot better by the time you read this.

thanks for the messages guys,as for getting myself checked out,it's a bit difficult at the moment as i'm agrophobic but i am working on getting out and things have been going quite well so i think my main goal now is to get to my doctors to have a smear test in the near future if possible.I'm feeling a little bit better,i did do some housework today which i think helped as when i sit for long periods of time i find i get clots and that's what gives me the pain....I started to clean the spare room as i was suppose to be having broadband fitted and i waited 6hrs this afternoon to find out the guy had given me the wrong date,so i did all that tidying for nothing,well not really at least it kepted me busy!!!!!!!

vicky x

Hi there! I think that making it to your docs would be a great goal for you..just work up to it slowly ok?

I find that moving about helps my period pains as well..it gets things moving

Glad you are feeling better..and good luck with the broadband!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks