Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default More Vaccine News!

This is the 2nd big 'news release' this month, which means that there's a THIRD contender to be the first to get the vaccine out!!! So, if 3 separate organizations are fighting to get that vaccine working and released that tells me that there really is hope to receive it within a few years! What do you guys think?

http://acsh.org/2015/03/your-winter-...e-stomach-flu/

Default Re: More Vaccine News!

Very promising, very promising indeed! There are currently about 10 main strains of Norovirus, all with different types of 'capsid' (the shapes of the viruses are different). As for the question posed at the end of the article - about why the vaccine can protect against as yet unknown strains - I would assume that this has to do with new mutations of the virus incorporating bits of one of the stains vaccinated against in it's new mutation, which the immune system can then recognise... I may be wrong though, I haven't read the research just yet! Just a thought though!

Thanks for sharing Syrup! You've gone and put so many of us in a good mood!
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.

Default Re: More Vaccine News!

the thing is they've actually tested these vaccines on people already, they worked like, so I'm really hoping this could happen very very soon ..