Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Post-Workout Nausea?

Is this normal? I just finished working out about a half hour ago and I'm a little nauseous, not too nauseous though. I only starting working out on Thursday, but didn't get nauseous then... I did do more than I usually do today, but I'm just afraid it's something else. If it is just from working out, is it safe to eat without v*?

Default Re: Post-Workout Nausea?

I'm 100% sure it's the new workout and dehydration. Grab a electrolyte drink if you can or water and some sugar/salt. Peanut butter on a spoon or something. you'll be fine!

Hi,

I get n* most times I do exercise that involves continuous running or any sort of continuous movements with not much of a break. It's probably, in your case, a lack of fitness and you're just pushing yourself beyond what you can do comfortably. Your n* should disappear soon. As for me, I have no idea what's wrong with me, I'm just speaking from experience.
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone" - Audrey Hepburn

It'll be the working out! I'm a dancer and I find if I do a lesson without keeping myself hydrated I tend to sometimes feel n* but then I have a drink/rest and it goes away. Also my boyfriend does a 10k run in our town every year and he always v*'s afterwards even if he's barely eaten before!

You're probably just working hard, I see so many people on Facebook/Twitter posting about how much they worked out and how it caused them to v* and I just think where's the enjoyment in that?! Haha!

always! i get n* when i do cardio or lift weights. no idea why, because i stay very hydrated. running releases chemicals in the body and i know one of them is supposed to make you full and not feel like eating (one of the reasons running is the best exercise)
    “A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it.”

Absolutely normal. I've seen people run out of Zumba and other similar classes to be sick. Have you ever watched The Biggest Loser? They v* ALL the time while working out

I started this Bootcamp training this week. 5 times per week at 60 mins a day. Its designed to help you lose weight. I have never in my life worked out and really just jumped into it. I have a personal trainer who told me he would never push me to point of being s*. But ive felt n* every day since starting.. I get lightheaded for a few minutes and just take a seat. It passes fairly quickly. Just know your limit and take a breather and drink of water and you'll be fine.

I just started working out 2 weeks ago. I'm getting the same problem. It passes fairly quickly after I stop but it still makes me a little nervous to workout again the next day.