Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What's the "worst part" for you?

TRIGGERS ALERT!

so for those unfortunate souls who have had a stomach virus before, and vomited, what would you say is the worst part about it? Mine would definitely be he process of vomiting EXTREME TRIGGERS! I just hate how warm it is when it comes up, like, if it was cold, I wouldn't have half of a problem, but the heat and taste of the vomit is the absolute worst part for me.

Default Re: What's the "worst part" for you?

For me its the nausea and build up. I mean the actual v*ing is gross too, but it only lasts a few seconds and its over. The nausea can go on and on, especially with me, since I get nausea for no reason. All the time. Plus for the smell I can spray febreeze, and as for the taste.. I can just brush my teeth afterwards.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

What i cant handle is the nausea beforehand and and then the feeling right before it happens when your throat closes up and it gets hard to swallow. I know by that point I am powerless and just have to give in. I've only had 5 or so incidences of v*in my life (im 27), but that part is always the scariest. The past couple times it's happened I also remember being STUNNED by the sounds i made (how non-human and loud they are!) not even grossed out, but more just in awe....shows how our bodies can just take over and do what they're meant to do, i guess.

My parents and therapists have talked to me about how v*ing is really amazing when you think about it. Even though its gross and scary, it's such a powerful protective measure and if we couldn't do it, we'd probably all be in pretty bad shape.

The nausea and buildup for me, 100%! The actual act of vomiting I find is not nearly as bad as I fear it to be. The sudden involuntary action is of course not fun, but not nearly as bad as the nausea. It sucks not having control in the moment, when it's happening, but I always know that it will pass and I'll feel 10x better afterward.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

The worst part is feeling out of control during the whole thing. The n is frightening, along with not being to catch my breath while v-ing. V-ing is also painful for my stomach muscles and diaphragm. Having to go through that again and again during a sv is just dreadful. What worries me when when I have n is that I can't tell whether or not it'll lead to v-ing.

Susan
    Last edited by skdenn; 04-03-2015 at 02:39 AM.