Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'd be obliged for your opinions, but do any of you get a burning stomach acid and heartburn due to you tensing your stomach in nerves all day cos you think your going to throw up? I'm peed off with it and I wonder if its one of the common symptoms of emet. If it is at least I know why my gut is playing up.

yes. i feel my stomach is always tense. i agree with you and am also very peed off with it!!!!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Hi Suzy,

I wish i could help ya with this, but i really can't as i don't get much acid reflux or heartburn.

I do have a question for you though. I noticed in many of your posts or replies, that you do that tensing up of your stomach a lot! You said, it's out of fear of v*ing that you do that, right? I know we all have our own ways of dealing with our fear and we have our own little compulsions we do to try to relieve them...but in all honesty i think you're doing yourself more harm than good, by constantly and purposefully tensing your stomach like that. You MAY be creating your heartburn and reflux by doing that very thing!! Or at least your making it WORSE (if you already have it naturally).

Truthfully Suzy? How long has it been since you actually v*ed? Do you honestly think by tensing your stomach, that you're preventing yourself from v*ing? These are honest questions, please don't think i'm being smart...i know it's hard to tell just by reading words on a screen, (you can't hear the tone behind the words) but i'm being sincere here :-)

I really wish you wouldn't do that to yourself, i feel you're hurting yourself more than you realize by tensing your stomach all the time.

I'm hoping my saying this, didn't upset you in anyway, that's certainly not my intent! I'm saying it out of concern! :-) You DID say you'd be abliged by any opinion..this one happens to be mine.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help to you, Hun!!

Paula )
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Quote Originally Posted by suzy.o
    I'd be obliged for your opinions, but do any of you get a burning stomach acid and heartburn due to you tensing your stomach in nerves all day cos you think your going to throw up? I'm peed off with it and I wonder if its one of the common symptoms of emet. If it is at least I know why my gut is playing up.

Boy, do I ever. I'll admit sometimes it's because my diet is not always the best, but when I'm tense and anxious all day...usually when someone around me is s*, it's miserable. I can even feel the soreness when I push on my stomach...and lower in my abdomen too. I think this may be why emets have sensitive stomachs...because of all the nerves anxiety.

kerryrob

I have Acid Reflux disease so I know how you feel about heartburn. My reflux gets worse when I'm tense or nervous about something.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Thanx for your replies everone, and no I do not feel insulted at all with your comments meercat,and you are correct in some ways about me making things worse for myself by tensing up but the problem is I dont realise Im doing it until I check, thats when I conciously relax again till I forget to.I know forsing my burps up is bad for my guts and Im gonna have to learn to not worry about it too much. Kerryrob, you have the same as me when it comes to a tender tum. I also get a nervous reflex in my throat and and at the back of my nose which makes it all close up for a milisecond, I hate that!

I get that and I take a ton of tums...and tylonal...and peppermint tea and ginger beer, and if I dont feel better after i have a combintion of those or all of them, THEN I PANIC
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.