Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please please help

I am suffering terrible anxiety n* (I think). To cut a long story short, as some of you know last week my violent ex got not guilty in court, I've one through hell and back. Since the verdict I have barely slept. Last night I got drunk (stupidly) and very very distressed about what has happened. I didn't feel particularly hungover today, just tired, and I've eaten normally. However I have felt on edge all day. Tonight I feel very very very anxious. I am exhausted, the alcohol hasn't helped (plus I always panic about v* from a hangover not that I ever have and I would have thought I would have done by now today given it's been 24 hours), and I just feel so so so scared. I am having flashbacks of my ex. Just can't deal with the knots in my stomach and the need to clear my throat. I know I need to sleep but I can't wind down and I worry about waking up in a panicked state of n* again. Please help, I can't stop shaking. Thank you very much in advance.

P.S. Hoping Syrup is online if you are? You get it perfectly x

Default Re: Please please help

that's awful. i'm so sorry the bastard got away with it. but you are strong and once you deal with the past and let time heal you will be much better. anxiety n* is bad but it's awesome that you are able to recognize what it is. i hope you are feeling better now
    “A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it.”

Default Re: Please please help

Thank you, yes I do feel better after some sleep. It's just the anxiety n* is relentless, I can't eat, I shake, I pace. I don't know what will work that will help me calm down except if I can get to sleep.