Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help! Live-in Boyfriend is getting sick!!!

Hello all,
    I'm new here. I recently learned that my fear of getting sick has a name and is more common than I knew. Well, I am a bit nervous. My live in bf has started throwing up in the middle of the night! I'm freaking out!!!! I kissed him earlier in the day, but it was just one light peck on the lips, but I am so nervous I am going to catch what he has!!! Help, I need support and reassurance that I will be ok hopefully since it was in the daytime before he even started showing symptoms that I kissed him. But I'm sure as most of you know our minds are very powerful and like to make us think we are still going to be sick!!! Thanks for the help, support, and comfort!!!

Default Re: Help! Live-in Boyfriend is getting sick!!!

Hi! The fact that you kissed him BEFORE he threw up means he wasnt contagious (youre only contagious when youre actively having d or v*ing). If you keep up hand washing and dont let him prepare your food and tell him to bleach bahtroom every time hes been in there, you should be ok. Beware, particles can spray a little if he flushed with lid up, so Id recommend getting a new toothbrush and keep it where he wont v or have d. Like in your room in a little cupboard or something. Hugs. Xxx
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

Quote Originally Posted by Gmacario View Post
    Hello all,
    I'm new here. I recently learned that my fear of getting sick has a name and is more common than I knew. Well, I am a bit nervous. My live in bf has started throwing up in the middle of the night! I'm freaking out!!!! I kissed him earlier in the day, but it was just one light peck on the lips, but I am so nervous I am going to catch what he has!!! Help, I need support and reassurance that I will be ok hopefully since it was in the daytime before he even started showing symptoms that I kissed him. But I'm sure as most of you know our minds are very powerful and like to make us think we are still going to be sick!!! Thanks for the help, support, and comfort!!!
    If it's the virus, he can still be contagious up to 4 days after the last time he v*

You're braver than me, I would have been out the door and staying at my parents lol.

Just bleach the bathroom, wipe down anything that may have been in your bathroom, Def get a new tooth brush. Wash your hands (do the alphabet two times in a row) pure does nothing. Curious to hear if you survived, good luck hope all went well

Hey, well I haven't been home all day. I had school than two jobs after school. I am planning on fully covering my face with goggles and face mask and long yellow gloves and cleaning the whole bathroom tonight after work. Hes very understanding of my fear thankfully so he's been doing his best to keep it clean and out of our bedroom. Wish me luck cleaning tonight!