Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default WHY does this ALWAYS happen on VACATION!?

It seems like every time I go on vacation, someone is sick with v*! Every year we go to Mackinac Island, and every year someone is sick; usually me. On our last day of vacation, my mom is sick. My little brother had a fever and a cough a few night ago. My mom is complaining of a big headache, and she v* in the bushes after dinner. She said her stomach doesn't hurt, she just v* from the pain, but I think she's just saying that just to comfort me. I'm just hoping the next one isn't me who gets sick. Even if I do, I usually don't get major headaches, just a fever and chills, but I don't want to take the chance, especially since we are driving home from Florida tomorrow (...), which is an 18 hour drive.

Default Re: WHY does this ALWAYS happen on VACATION!?

She could have a migraine. The head pain can totally cause v and is not contagious. It could be triggered by being out in the hot sun.

Sun stroke or general heat exhaustion can also cause it. So if that's the only time she gets sick, I'd be willing to bet its one of those things and you'll be fine!

Wait, isn't Mackinac Island in Michigan? Are you in MI or FL? Regardless, my mom always v*s with her migraines. It's not the same thing. If she's suffering an intense headache, that's not a sv*. If she ate prior it could have been something in her food that set off the migraine. My mom's side of the family is extremely sensitive to certain spices/foods and they get migraines from them often. You'll be ok, even if you don't feel like you will, you will!

Hope you're feeling much less stressed! I agree with what everyone on here has said - if your mother said she has a migraine, then that is likely the cause. Especially if no one else is sick with v*, then you should just relax and accept that some people handle pain differently than others. My friend v* when she broke her nose - some people just do things like that, by no fault of theirs, and we just have to accept them.

Please relax and enjoy the rest of your vacation, and keep us posted!
    Blessings,
    DogLover8

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.