Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

my
    biggest fear about moving out of my parents house came true....my
    roommate came down with some sort of stomach ailment. she CLAIMS it was
    just bad chinese food, but others at her work were sick as well. the
    actual night she was sick she spent at someone elses house and didnt
    come back until the following afternoon. im afraid my chances of
    getting as well are pretty high. </span><br style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    <br style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    i would love to
    know the chances i WONT be sick, and if i were to catch anything, how
    soon will i know? and when can i finally fall asleep at night and not
    worry about this. </span><br style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    ugh. pleeeeease answer asap...</span>[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]</font>

</span>
    *.* you say there is no perfect place, i say i know this is true..im just learning how to smile, thats not easy to do*.*

All I can really say to that is that worrying about it will not make it not happen. Just try really hard to go on with your day and ignore those obsessing thoughts. You need to get rest and not be stressed.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Considering the day she actually v*ed she was at someone elses house lowers your chances if she wasn't actually s* in your bathroom. When I was s* last year I was s* on the saturday night and my mum caught it on the monday night so I guess a couple of days???? Not certain though. I know it is easier said than done not to worry!!

My roommate was just sick too, and I stayed at a friend's house for a few nights to avoid it as soon as I knew she felt sick! And sure enough she v*d that first night. And I'm fine now, almost a week later! But my situation is a bit different - I was the one who gave her the virus, and it just affected us differently. I had a fever, achy muscles, chills, fatigue, and a sore throat and headache, and d*, but no v*. As far as I know, she just felt n* and then v*d. So also, don't worry too much, b/c viruses can also affect ppl in different ways! (My boyfriend also had it and it was likea cold with n* for him, and he just slept for 3 days!)

Take care!

If you are the one who gave it to her, is it just that you didn't want to hear her get sick? Because you weren't going to catch it back from her....

Quote Originally Posted by pianolover

My roommate was just sick too, and I stayed at a friend's house for a few nights to avoid it as soon as I knew she felt sick! And sure enough she v*d that first night. And I'm fine now, almost a week later! But my situation is a bit different - I was the one who gave her the virus, and it just affected us differently. I had a fever, achy muscles, chills, fatigue, and a sore throat and headache, and d*, but no v*. As far as I know, she just felt n* and then v*d. So also, don't worry too much, b/c viruses can also affect ppl in different ways! (My boyfriend also had it and it was likea cold with n* for him, and he just slept for 3 days!)

Take care!

usually an SV gets caught pretty fast. i know w mother told me the other day that her twins had it on Thursday, husband had it on Saturday, she got it Monday and the other son got it on Tuesday...Sounds like you are pretty safe and I cant ell you that you must get sleep or your immune system will be low.

WASH YOUR HANDS A LOT!!! My husband and son both had it last month and I took care of both of them and cleaned toilets etc. and thus far, a month later, I did not catch it.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

How are you feeling sar_bear? How is your roommie feeling?
    &lt;a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;