Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Panicking

Hybrid View

Default Re: Panicking

Hi Katiethecupcake,
    So sorry to hear that you're going through all of that. I know how hard it can be to live in fear of falling ill. It is, however, reality that people do sometimes get sick. You were correct in thinking that there could be a million reasons why that woman was sick - and you'll never know. I'm not sure where you live, but here in the south, I have heard of no such strain of stomach virus, and no one I know has come down with it. I would recommend taking a deep breath, and relaxing. Stress is proven to weaken your immune system, so please just relax and let it go.
    It is healthy to talk about things that bother you - if your parents refuse to talk, I would advise talking to your school nurse, counsellor, a good friend, a friend's mom, etc. And, of course, we're all here to help!!
    I hope you are able to relax and calm down. Chances are, you will not get sick.

Blessings,
    DogLover8

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Panicking

Quote Originally Posted by DogLover8 View Post
    Hi Katiethecupcake,
    So sorry to hear that you're going through all of that. I know how hard it can be to live in fear of falling ill. It is, however, reality that people do sometimes get sick. You were correct in thinking that there could be a million reasons why that woman was sick - and you'll never know. I'm not sure where you live, but here in the south, I have heard of no such strain of stomach virus, and no one I know has come down with it. I would recommend taking a deep breath, and relaxing. Stress is proven to weaken your immune system, so please just relax and let it go.
    It is healthy to talk about things that bother you - if your parents refuse to talk, I would advise talking to your school nurse, counsellor, a good friend, a friend's mom, etc. And, of course, we're all here to help!!
    I hope you are able to relax and calm down. Chances are, you will not get sick.

Blessings,
    DogLover8
    Thanks. And I don't really like telling people about this, I just think it's awkward. I barely ever go out (unless its school, and going is a mental battle) my friends rarely see me out of school anymore, I'm usually at home behind a computer screen wrapped up in my own thoughts. I live more north, sadly. I really wish there was a way to just drop this fear, multiple therapists and all, and it just got worse because they didn't focus on the fear really... Just making me eat, just never helped.