Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Please guys I just need some reassurance/advice

well, yesterday i was having a really good day.... having a real laugh at work etc.... thinking to myself stuff the emet!! haha

then i went to the doctors to get a prescription for my mum and as i walked through the entrance i got the faintest smell of what i think was v* really faint though u had to sniff up hard!!! but it was there.... so anyway got the prescription etc etc... went out washed my hands twice with sanitiser tried to make sure i didn't touch my face... etc... i worked myself up that much that i went back and told the receptionist i thought someone had v* in the entrance.... she said 'not as far as i know' and came and sniffed it.... she thought it smelt like dog poo!!!!....by now emet madness had taken over though......!!!! as soon as i got home i had a shower and haven't touched the clothes i was wearing since.... !!!! i convincedmyself everything is now contaminated cos i touched the doors, reception desk..... the thing is, there was no sign of v* anywhere

but today i have convinced myself i'm gonna get ill cos someone with a sv v* in the docs reception!!! (i don't know for sure though) and i'm worrying cos my thigh muscle on one leg is aching (only one though) and i'm convinved i've caught something....

aarrgrgghhhh i was having such a good day :-(

thanks for reading!

Hey, calm down, kjen =) Just chill. If there was no actual v*, then the smell could have been anything. Even if it was v*, the person who did it might not have even been contagious - they could have been v*ing for any sort of reason, not necessarily an sv* or food poisoning. Besides, you were extra careful, so I don't think there's any chance of you getting ill.

Chin up, you'll be absolutely fine! It really sucks when emet ruins a good day, though, huh? Just relax, try to think about something else. You're gonna be ok!