Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Please help. Feel so sick

I have been sitting here in the fetal position for well over 2 hours. Waves of nausea but no v. I am shaking and wish it would come so I could feel better. Any things I can take to feel better??

Default Re: Please help. Feel so sick

Quote Originally Posted by martatomasir View Post
    I have been sitting here in the fetal position for well over 2 hours. Waves of nausea but no v. I am shaking and wish it would come so I could feel better. Any things I can take to feel better??
    I threw up twice. I haven't theown up in 8 years. This is hard, but I feel alot better

I hope you feel better soon and are done vomiting. The worst is probably over if you are OK to be on the Internet. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Doug,

yea ear feeling somewhat better and feeling extremely proud of myself for rolling with be punches and not backing down. It's honestly liberating. I forgot what it felt like to v in 8 years. It wasn't that bad...

Hi,
    Great that you did it and didn't back down! I agree - the actual act isn't that bad, it's the anticipation that'll kill you. So glad that you're feeling somewhat better. Keep us posted!

Blessings,
    DogLover8

I'm sorry you are sick but glad to hear you are feeling better!!

Feelin loads better. Just feel super weak, hopefully I will be better tomorrow.

So proud of you! It's never fun but it's not nearly as bad as we think it is. The nausea, for me, is the worst part of it all.

Yeah totally. The nausea was the worst part, I forgot how terrible that felt. But got through it and I can hopefully become stronger and not let this terrible fear affect my life so much. I guess my 8 year streak is over haha

Quote Originally Posted by martatomasir View Post
    Yeah totally. The nausea was the worst part, I forgot how terrible that felt. But got through it and I can hopefully become stronger and not let this terrible fear affect my life so much. I guess my 8 year streak is over haha
    You did great! I always feel like you do after I've had a sv* I feel empowered and not so worried for the next time. I've had a sv* twice in the last 2 years and after each time it made me less scared for the next time. Its currently in my house (my 2 kids) and even though I'm on edge, worried and anticipating I'm not near as freaked out as I was 2 years ago when it was running through my house. I think the "exposure" really does help, as scary as it is going through it. I still hold onto my fear of it happening when I'm not at home though.

That's so great Leslie. I am glad you are not worrying about it that much anymore. It's a fear that can be so crippling. I have cried on numerous occasions because I was so sick of going through this. Especially because people who don't have this fear don't understand the daily struggles that we go through. Maybe the best way of getting over it is exposure like you said. I always thought exposure would lead to a greater fear but it did the opposite for me. I was so focused on feeling better and the relief I felt afterwards was amazing. V is never fun and no one likes it but I would take that over being sick for longer periods of time any day

Your reaction to this event could be crucial to helping you beat this phobia. Keep on reminding yourself that it wasn't that bad. Repeatedly tell yourself that you coped brilliantly and should be proud of yourself.

^exactly. You handled this perfectly!

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."