Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Question! Please help! ASAP!

Hello all! So my live in bf got a SV yesterday morning early morning. He stayed in a separate bedroom during his whole sickness but our two dogs stayed with him as well. I'm nervous that while he was v* in the bedroom some of the virus may have gotten on the dogs because the dogs were laying on the sheets as well. And then the dogs came and laid on my bed wen I was looking. So two questions, have I been exposed and second how can I clean these dogs to make sure any virus on them gets eliminated?? Thanks for your help!!!

Default Re: Question! Please help! ASAP!

I've wondered about pets as well. If you give them baths (easier said than done, I know), I would imagine that the act of scrubbing them with dog shampoo would wash the virus off of their fur. Wear a mask and gloves while bathing them if it will make you feel better. Then take a shower after that. (Do you and your boyfriend share a bathroom, or was he sick in a different bathroom?)

Sorry to be responding late, but I'm wondering the same thing. We have a sv* currently in our house and our puppy has been laying with the kids while they've been sick and licking them in the face.

No worries. .the dogs will not transfer the virus..( im a vet), virus can only live on hard surfaces, not fur.I know that there is a certain form of calicia virus carried by cats that can be transmitted to humans. this, it's actually pretty rare though.dog do not carry it in their saliva either.animals in general are good to have around when you are ill, they know when you are not well, and will do anything to help you feel better, even if it just means offering up some love and slobbery kisses. the h1n1 flu can be transmitted from person the dog and vice versa, but that's not what we're talking about here.

Thank you hlov2! Very reassuring!

You're welcome! !