Hello, I'm new here. I've been a long-time sufferer of Emetophobia, but I've only recently found this website. It seems really nice!

But anyways, a sort of nightmarish event has been lingering over my head for a few days. On Tuesday, our campus nurse sent out an e-mail warning that many had come down with a stomach virus recently. This is really just my luck, because it felt like I had just finally gotten a handle on my OCD, and now I'm presented with this The nurse suspects that it may be norovirus, mainly because almost an entire class was wiped out due to it, and it seems to be spreading quite quickly.

I'm doing all I can, or so it seems. As usual, I never put my unwashed hands on my mouth or face. I avoid doorknobs, keep public bathroom usage to an absolute minimum, and just generally keep to myself. When I come down, I immediately wipe down my phone, and take a shower. Upon getting the e-mail, I wiped down everything in my house. I didn't go to classes yesterday, and I'm planning on not going tomorrow, either.

Honestly, I'm just really scared. If it really is noro (god forbid), then how much do I have to do to avoid it? Is there anything else I can do to ensure that nothing happens?