Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Night time

Default Night time

Hi all,

Gidday from Australia!

Just thought I would pose a question to my fellow emetophobes.

My anxiety tends to run wild during the night, just when I head to bed. My phobia is resides solely over the dreaded sv, and I have been seeing a psychologist about this, which has been a help.

However, I was wondering, do you guys ever just feel fine, then hop in bed and then decide that you are nauseous and then battle it for hours? I just literally decided that I have sv nausea and am battling my head to reel in the anxiety.

Thanks very much for any stories shared!

Default Re: Night time

I get this exact same thing! I don't know why, but my anxiety is always worse at night and especially after I get in bed. It takes me so long to get to sleep because I worry and worry and my mind runs wild. I think it is the lack of sensory input - no TV or anything to distract you from your fear, not even anything to look at because the lights are out. To help with this I sometimes sleep with a dim light and music playing to keep my mind occupied and for some reason sleeping inclined instead of flat helps with the anxiety too. Also, a cool room with heavy blankets. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by gauriprasad16 View Post
    I get this exact same thing! I don't know why, but my anxiety is always worse at night and especially after I get in bed. It takes me so long to get to sleep because I worry and worry and my mind runs wild. I think it is the lack of sensory input - no TV or anything to distract you from your fear, not even anything to look at because the lights are out. To help with this I sometimes sleep with a dim light and music playing to keep my mind occupied and for some reason sleeping inclined instead of flat helps with the anxiety too. Also, a cool room with heavy blankets. Good luck!
    Yes! Awesome, thanks for your tips - I find that if i roll over onto my back I will relax much easier. Yeah when I'm up chatting with my housemates its all well and good!

I fall asleep fine but will inevitably wake up at around 2 or 3 am feeling n. Sometimes I get back to sleep but other times I am up for the day. It sucks because I have to be at work at 7 am every day. I assume it is related to anxiety yet I do not feel anxious when I go to sleep. It is very annoying though.

This used to happen to me, a couple of years ago, but now I go to the gym four times a week, which is amazing for anxiety, Ive put on over 18kg of muscle (40lbs) and my body is just a bit more tired.

Even if its just a long walk each evening and stay away from foods and drinks with caffeine/ high processed sugars. Fruit before bed works wonders for me. A light tummy and will sleep through.