Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Baby just v* help =/

I was feeding my 6 month old a bottle. She had about 3 oz left and she just v* all over me and the couch and her brother.
    It wasn't a normal spit up it was projectile (sorry tmi) and it was basically the whole bottle.
    She didn't seem abnormally fussy or anything. Even now I have her laying on the floor on a towel. She's just sucking her fingers and watching TV.
    She just had her 6 month immunizations yesterday so I'm hoping she just has an upset tummy from that and not a sv.
    If she has a sv I don't know how I'm going to not get it =/
    Help.
    Last edited by mamabear93; 04-21-2015 at 11:43 AM.

Default Re: Baby just v* help =/

Babies do that, if she doesn't have a fever and isn't acting weird (like bizarrely sleepy or crying all day over nothing) she's totally fine, I'm sure. Babies gag, choke, have reflux attacks, etc. and v*. Seriously, their sphincter valve is so underdeveloped they can v* from a million different things. If it were a sickness she'd have additional symptoms. My boys projectile v*ed A LOT in their first year. More than I care to remember!

I totally agree with Syrup. I remember when my youngest threw up a whole feed all over me I was terrified there was something wrong with her but she was fine! Maybe she just had too much milk.

When I was looking after a 9/10 month old who had (I didn't know) rotavirus she projectile v* but then she cried afterwards so I guess the lack of fussiness/crying might indicate it isn't from a virus. If it is a virus then I think something like 7/10 svs that kids get are rotavirus and either don't affect adults or in rare cases affect them in a mild way (e.g. d* only).

my son did that ALL THE TIME when he was an infant. It was like exorcist style. honestly, if they have gas, swallow too fast, get hot, etc....they v. their gag reflex isn't good at that age so it is pretty normal. If she isn't feverish or anything, I highly doubt she is sick. I would feed her slowly for the day, just 2 oz, burp, etc.

My son used to do that aswel when he was a baby not often but it did happen. The immunisations would probably be the cause..

LOL mdgirl1977 "exorcist style" I feel your pain

That happened to my oldest son when he was about 4 months old. My mom was feeding him a bottle and after he just v* it all over the place. He wasn't sick and was just fine.

My youngest daughter used to do that. She had reflux. But she would totally hose me down until she was on Zantac.