Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E Coli?

Default E Coli?

Okay, so last night I was handling raw meat from a cow that has just been skinned. I handled piece of meat, and forgot to wash my hands. Well, anyway, I was fixing me some noodles about an hour to 2 later. I didn't touch the noodles, but im scared that some noodles touched the spot where I was touching on the bowl. Anyway, im scared for E coli since it was raw beef. I didn't eat any meat, put my fingers in my mouth, or touch the food. And its been 15 hours since that happened.

Default Re: E Coli?

what? you handled meat from a cow that had just been SKINNED? where? this is bizzare, even for our board. I can't buy that this true at all, sorry. Just...odd.

Sadiemae, I find it impossible as well to believe that you handled raw meat from a skinned cow and forgot to wash your hands. Of all of the people on this board, you'd be the least likely to do that. I've bought part of a cow before, the butcher gives you meat in freezer packs, the don't skin the cows and hand you hunks. Not sure what you're trying to do here.

Hi Sadie
    I'm going to respond in the way I believe you intended this post. No, I don't think you have e-Coli and I'm seeing a pattern here.

I'd responded to a PM from you the other night and then you were concerned that you MAY have touched a contaminated surface and MAY have touched your hair which MAY have then touched your lips.....I responded and laid out for you the entire scenario that would have had to have happened for you to even have a remote chance of getting sick....not sure if you ever saw it because you never responded.
    Anyhow, even by emet standards the chances of you having a possibility of getting sick from either of these scenarios are long
    shots at best. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, but if your anxiety is so bad that you are honestly drawing these parallels and coming to these conclusions then please consider talking to a professional about how to get it under control. I will be the first to admit that I can and do melt down when I think that I might V and I will fully admit that sometimes our emet brains will make wild leaps from Point A To Point B. What worries me is that it almost seems as though you actively are reaching for things, however unlikely, that could put you at risk.
    If that's the case, you cannot live your life worrying about these remote,possibilities-it will drive you crazy. Please know I intend this message from kindness and concern, even if it may sound harsh
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore10 View Post
    Hi Sadie
    I'm going to respond in the way I believe you intended this post. No, I don't think you have e-Coli and I'm seeing a pattern here.

I'd responded to a PM from you the other night and then you were concerned that you MAY have touched a contaminated surface and MAY have touched your hair which MAY have then touched your lips.....I responded and laid out for you the entire scenario that would have had to have happened for you to even have a remote chance of getting sick....not sure if you ever saw it because you never responded.
    Anyhow, even by emet standards the chances of you having a possibility of getting sick from either of these scenarios are long
    shots at best. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, but if your anxiety is so bad that you are honestly drawing these parallels and coming to these conclusions then please consider talking to a professional about how to get it under control. I will be the first to admit that I can and do melt down when I think that I might V and I will fully admit that sometimes our emet brains will make wild leaps from Point A To Point B. What worries me is that it almost seems as though you actively are reaching for things, however unlikely, that could put you at risk.
    If that's the case, you cannot live your life worrying about these remote,possibilities-it will drive you crazy. Please know I intend this message from kindness and concern, even if it may sound harsh
    I completely agree with this. You've also have PM'd me with some scenarios, which I get and understand your fear, being an emet our brains will take us through some wild scenarios that a person without emet would never think of. I do find it hard to believe you would forget to wash your hands after handling raw meat. Being an emet that is the thing we do the most, wash our hands. I scrub my hands even after I handled a package of raw meat. That being said, like I said in my PM last night, you have nothing to worry about.

So...do you work in the slaughter house or something? On a farm perhaps? Weird...

group, please click on Sadie mays name and select "view profile" and then look at posts she has started. they follow a pattern where is starts with "okay..." and lays out the same ridiculous scenarios with 3-4 parts of touching, transference and her lips or face as the end spot. it is obvious after this time that she is trolling us for attention.

The biggest factor to me is that once she starts a post she never comes back to interact with it. It's just left. EVERY. TIME.
    Last edited by Syrup; 04-26-2015 at 03:02 PM.

troll. I'm sorry, I'm calling it. When you hear hoof beats don't look for a zebra. look for a horse

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    troll. I'm sorry, I'm calling it. When you hear hoof beats don't look for a zebra. look for a horse

I have to agree. She has PMd me on several occasions with the CRAZIEST scenarios of how she might possibly have caught Noro..... I am seriously hard pressed to believe she as randomly touching beef from a freshly skinned cow and just HAPPENED to forget to wash her hands.

I have to agree. She has messaged me as well but I no longer answer her as her posts and messages are so bizarre and random and she never goes back to them to respond. This one actually has me laughing out loud. I have suspected she is a troll for quite some time. The mental picture of her hacking away at a freshly skinned cow is still making me laugh. So ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shubertgoddess View Post
    I have to agree. She has PMd me on several occasions with the CRAZIEST scenarios of how she might possibly have caught Noro..... I am seriously hard pressed to believe she as randomly touching beef from a freshly skinned cow and just HAPPENED to forget to wash her hands.
    I've only ever heard of a young child doing something similar and they did get e:coli and ended up very sick. But the child was only six and was being a child and did not know the risks and rinsed her hands, but did not put soap on them. She had been helping her dad, who had been skinning a deer or something. I am hard-pressed to believe a teenager (says she's 16/17?), especially an emet teenager, would "forget" to wash their hands after touching or skinning meat. I grew up in the southern Appalachian mountains and hunting and people killing and eating their own animals were quite common, so hard-pressed to buy this scenario.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Dairyfreelife View Post
    I am hard-pressed to believe a teenager (says she's 16/17?), especially an emet teenager, would "forget" to wash their hands after touching or skinning meat.
    interesting. She told me she was 18 and I know she told someone else she was 14...

can someone send this thread to Sage and have her ban Sadiemay123? it is clear she is a troll it isn't normal. and she is messing with the board. or we can all just ignore her. I don't care either way. I only responded to this thread because it was so ludicrous.

Yeah seriously, this is getting ridiculous. Sadiemay would PM me every day with a new scenario "i touched my bible and my friend touched my hair and ate a chip will i get noro" etc etc etc and at first i tried to help her but eventually i just had to start ignoring her because it was getting out of hand. pretty obvious to me now that she's a troll, especially since she never responds to the posts she makes. bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Collie View Post
    Yeah seriously, this is getting ridiculous. Sadiemay would PM me every day with a new scenario "i touched my bible and my friend touched my hair and ate a chip will i get noro" etc etc etc and at first i tried to help her but eventually i just had to start ignoring her because it was getting out of hand. pretty obvious to me now that she's a troll, especially since she never responds to the posts she makes. bye!
    I feel dumb, I always tried to help them when they would PM me. I didn't suspect anything until I saw this thread. Everyone's emet is different, I just figured theirs was more severe than most.
    Last edited by Leslie735; 04-29-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie735 View Post
    I feel dumb, I always tried to help them when they would PM me. I didn't suspect anything until I saw this thread. Everyone's emet is different, I just figured theirs was more severe than most.
    Don't feel dumb! I tried to help him/her many times too. But now that i see she's telling people different ages and making bizarre posts like these and never returning to them...i dunno, just seems fishy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie735 View Post
    Nope, we all did it. She's been different ages, different states and occasionally even different countries. I tried to help for a while as well but then it started to get suspicious!

Is this forum filled with adults? You sure couldn't tell it. Continously talking about someone..............are we in middle school? This feels like facebook.

I find it funny that your writing style has completely changed from your normal panicky post filled with incorrect punctuation and grammar. Obviously you are completely trolling us. And I think it's clear to everybody that you have issues that go far beyond what we normally deal with here.

So what happened was it was Friday night and I went to Walmart with my boyfriend. His family raises pigs and cows and they kill their own animals. Have you guys even heard of that? So, his dad got a call to come get a cow that a tree limb had fallen onto. This cow was at Hunting Creek Preserve in Iredell County, NC. We went there and they skinned the cow right there, because my boyfriend and his family were taking the meat. So, I helped them skin it, but I mostly held the flashlight. We left the place about 9:30 and went back to their house. They cut and fixed the meat at their house. Just so you guys know, it was going on 11:00 at night, and I was so tired I wasn't thinking straight. I was handed a piece of meat to put in a bag and I meant to wash my hands after, but I had to help go put the meat in the freezer, which is in a building outside. I simply lost track of washing my hands. All of this is true. As far as me telling people my age, I have never lied about my age. I have told you guys I was 16, and then I had this thing called a birthday where I turned 17. Is that hard to understand? Where do I live? In Yadkin County, NC. So how I would be trolling I have no idea.
    Last edited by sadiemay123; 04-30-2015 at 10:42 AM.

And just so you know, I've only had about 3 people who have asked me personal info on my personal chat. How do you know what I'm saying on my personal chat?

Sadiemay, if you are not a troll, you do have a real problem and as I have told you before, you really need to seek counseling as it's out of hand. People, including myself, have told you over and over the exact same things regarding almost identical situations.

Interesting how your normal, childish, panicky writing style has completely changed to something coherent and cohesIve.

Sorry, you can say whatever you want now, but for all the crazy and absolutely unheard of scenarios you have private messaged me, i HIGHLY doubt that you just randomly lost track of washing your hands.

And if by chance youre not trolling, you need some serious, serious help. If these messages you send all of us are legitimately real, you need professional help that we can't give you.

If I need help, okay. But that means you do to, since obviously you have problems because your part of this forum too.

Quote Originally Posted by sadiemay123 View Post
    If I need help, okay. But that means you do to, since obviously you have problems because your part of this forum too.
    There is a TREMENDOUS difference between people being here to support each other with their fears and work through them together and someone like you, who sends insane messages to members such as:

"So my friend touched my backpack and then i got a book out of my backpack and i think i put my finger up my nose, can i get noro?"

And then when i tell you no, youre fine, you insist and give me an even crazier scenario only to LATER find out that the friend in question wasnt even sick to begin with. And that's not even the craziest scenario you've come up with.

Then you you start posts like these and never come back to them.... Except this time, which I suspect is only because people were calling you out in your bullshit

People here have tried to help you -myself included - but the help you need is WAY out of the realm of "support" which is what this forum is for. And before you come back at me about anything, im old enough to be your mother, so step off.
    Last edited by Shubertgoddess; 05-01-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shubertgoddess View Post
    There is a TREMENDOUS difference between people being here to support each other with their fears and work through them together and someone like you, who sends insane messages to members such as:

"So my friend touched my backpack and then i got a book out of my backpack and i think i put my finger up my nose, can i get noro?"

And then when i tell you no, youre fine, you insist and give me an even crazier scenario only to LATER find out that the friend in question wasnt even sick to begin with. And that's not even the craziest scenario you've come up with.

Then you you start posts like these and never come back to them.... Except this time, which I suspect is only because people were calling you out in your bullshit

People here have tried to help you -myself included - but the help you need is WAY out of the realm of "support" which is what this forum is for. And before you come back at me about anything, im old enough to be your mother, so step off.
    (slow clap) perfect post. I have nothing to add.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    (slow clap) perfect post. I have nothing to add.

Sorry. My broken leg is making me more hostile than usual :-/

Dunno if sadie is referring to me in that comment, but have sought help and am on the recovery road, thanks for inquiring. Or not, as I think that was meant to be snide. This is a support forum. We're here to help each other, but we are not therapists. We support, we try to help where we can, but it's out of our realm to recover anyone as we are not the experts. Hate to say, but I'm with shubert on this one. It's always the same type of scenario, and the same answer. I have had very weird thoughts similar at times, but not nearly as often or as extreme as sadie does almost every day and believe me, I've been in a bad place terrified to leave home with this fear. If sadie is thinking the way she is thinking than it is out of our scope to help. Therapy is not an evil. It's not bad. It doesn't make you weak.

Pretty sure it was directed at me because i told her if she wasnt trolling, that she needed serious professional help that we couldn't give her