Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Nuva ring side effects?!? Help

So I'm on month 3 of the nuva ring and each month, a week after putting the ring in I have a day of d* and crampy smelly gas I'm so sick of this. It makes my lower abdomen hurt and it's such a yucky feeling!
    Has anyone else ever felt this?!

Default Re: Nuva ring side effects?!? Help

I used the Nuvaring for 6 months and never had any side effects. However, everyone is different. Many people get cramps, gas, and d* around the time of their period. If it is consistently happening around period time, I think it's safe to say it is your menstrual cycle causing it and not a sv* or more severe condition.

yeah I suspect if it happens every month, it is hormones. maybe talk to the dr and ask?

I tried it twice, for about 6-8 month each time. Made me into a nutbag. My anxiety went up, my insecurity went up. I gained 4 pounds and FREAKED OUT. Became afraid to eat AND started hoarding / hiding food everywhere. I went completely batty! My hips would ache constantly, and I had stomach issues, too. But it was fun when it popped out during sex. Extra points if it ended up around my boyfriend's junk like a ringtoss game. lol. It would also sneak so far up that I couldn't reach it and had to get him to remove it for me too, which is totes romantic.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

Quote Originally Posted by NaiveAndTrue View Post
    I tried it twice, for about 6-8 mont
    h each time. Made me into a nutbag. My anxiety went up, my insecurity went up. I gained 4 pounds and FREAKED OUT. Became afraid to eat AND started hoarding / hiding food everywhere. I went completely batty! My hips would ache constantly, and I had stomach issues, too. But it was fun when it popped out during sex. Extra points if it ended up around my boyfriend's junk like a ringtoss game. lol. It would also sneak so far up that I couldn't reach it and had to get him to remove it for me too, which is totes romantic.
    Yup...I stopped using it because it came out during sex and I didn't find it until 3 days later (after I had unknowingly had unprotected sex the day prior). Needless to say, I switched to the pill immediately!

Try the copper IUD. There's no hormones so side effects are pretty rare. I just got mine in almost 2 weeks ago and so far so good =)

(Patios are supposed to be heavier and crampier though)

I had surgery in February for my uterus and ovaries. I had lots of endometrial tissue and my left ovary was tacked up in my bowel and stuck. My pain has been better since then but the hormonal aspect...still bad. Hot flashes, gas, cramping, constipation, loose stools, headache, fatigue. And it's all in a cycle. Like one week to the day after putting it in I get d. The a week after that I get gassy, crampy, pelvic pain, hot flashes. Then two days before I take it out, n, cramps, the whole nine again!