Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default In for a night of help. Please help.

Well. I'll start by saying that today I've felt a bit off. Occasionally getting waves of nausea during class, and panicking about whether I'd throw up in front of classmates. Well now it's 11:38pm, and I had a bowel movement about half an hour ago. It wasn't exactly d but it was looser than usual, as well as smelling absolutely horrible. It's that distinct smell your poop and farts get when you're sick. So now I'm panicking. My stomach feels funny, and I'm getting occasional cramps.

To make matters worse, and what made my anxiety sky rocket, is that I was just told that my 9 year old step sister threw up earlier. So now, I'm pretty much a nervous wreck. I'm scared I either caught a SV or ate something bad. Soon I have to go to bed, and I have no idea how I'm going to get through the night. Part of me wants to stay up all night, in case I'll vomit. Last time I V'd, which was about 9 years ago, it was in the middle of the night. So now I associate V with nighttime, particularly being awoken with the need to V.

So what to do. I'm scared out of my wits. I'm going to take some anxiety tablets, and possibly pull an all nighter. This is gonna suck, since I have school tomorrow, but I don't know what else to do.

Please help?

Default Re: In for a night of help. Please help.

how are you feeling now?
    “A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it.”

Quote Originally Posted by canonguy View Post
    how are you feeling now?
    It's now 4am, and I'm still a little nervous. I'm getting bouts of 'neusea' (I don't know whether its because I'm now in bed and i'm thinking about it, since earlier i was distracted and didnt feel this 'neusea'

I'm less gassy and my stomach pains are gone for the most part. I'm occasionally getting a feeling of something rising in my throat but I don't know whether or not that's related to anxiety or acid reflux.

I'm still a little scared to go to sleep.

Update

So I eventually got to sleep at about 5am. Luckily I had a short day so I went home and slept for the rest of the day. It turns out my step sister didn't have food poisoning or a SV after all, and she was only sick once, and was completely fine the next day. Right now I just have some stomach pains, gurgling, and some gas (although it doesn't smell horrific this time) and a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth. Hopefully I'll be fine.