Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Kid v on bus

Default Kid v on bus

So today on the bus about two rows behind me and on the opposite side of the bus, a kid puked all over the isle. I didn't have to go closer to it, but I had to sit in the bus without open windows. I was on the bus for about 6 minutes after the kid v. I smelt it, and got a headache from it. Will I get sick?!

Default Re: Kid v on bus

It was probably motion sickness so you'll probably be fine.

If it wasn't motion sickness (we're all teenagers- and I've been on the same bus as him for my entire life) is it possible for me to get sick?

I think the risk is low. you weren't super close and he was behind you, so you didn't walk past it or him. Did you wash your hands when you got off? if so, I think the risk is very very low. maybe he ate funny food for breakfast or had mucus from allergies. there is no way to know if it was something contagious.

There are other reasons for a kid to V* on a bus, most of them are not contagious. Like mdgirl, I think that you are not at risk. This has happened to me a few times before, and I only got sick from one of the times, but it wasn't bad. I had n* for about an hour at most, a couple bouts of d*, and then I got hungry and ate a normal big lunch. Point being, you can catch an SV that way, but if you do, it will likely be very mild and not even give you n* or v*. I hope this is comforting.

Only time someone v on the bus in my high school was when he was drunk/hungover.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....