Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Vyvanse knowledge?

So I've been in the process of taking the CPA examination. It has been one of the most painful experiences of my life. Unfortunately, this process has been made more difficult by the fact that I have ADHD. It was difficult before to study and keep focus during this process before but now it has been made almost impossible by how long its been. I went to the doctor to be prescribed an ADHD medicine. He prescribed Vyvanse and that was it and I was on my way. I of course had to look on the internet for the side effects and low and behold, the common side effects are vomiting with a 9% chance of users vomiting after taking Vyvanse. This absolutely has caused me to steer from it. My doctor seems to think I most likely will not vomit while on this drug but I need a little more assurance than just, you most likely will not vomit. Has anyone else taken this or Adderall and can anyone tell me your experiences with it?

Default Re: Vyvanse knowledge?

I assume you are an adult well over 18 so the side effects are different but my son too vyvanse and I think the only effect he had was decreased appetite and sleepiness. but he is a young kid. I think stomach upset is more likely. can't you take regular old Ritalin? my son takes it and the side effects are way less.

Can you ask for adderall instead? I believe it's similar but less likely to make you sick. I've never taken the stuff, but I know many people who did in school to study and it didn't make them sick. It'll kill your appetite of course since it's a stimulant, but I'm sure you knew that already

I'm 29. The side effects for Adderall and Ritalin are also vomiting. I actually did take those when I was much younger (probably 15 years ago) and the only thing they did was decrease my appetite and then by late afternoon I was so hungry I could eat pretty much anything and everything.

I honestly think you'll be fine with any of these drugs. Pretty much every drug has SOME chance of vomiting as a side effect. If you've taken them before and they didn't make you sick, they aren't likely to now.

It decreased my son and husband's appetites, but but did not make either of them sick.