Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy How to deal with v* related images/memories in head?

Post has been deleted
    Last edited by Gemmaaa94; 05-17-2021 at 03:54 PM.

Default Re: How to deal with v* related images/memories in head?

Well, as difficult as it is, I think it's a good idea to come up with a healing image to FORCE your mind to focus on whenever these images/memories pop into your head. Do you meditate at all? There are some fabulous meditation videos on You tube. Not only are they good for getting you to relax, but they also work to help you find your way to peace when you're in the middle of an anxiety attack. The more you practice the easier it will become.

The same thing happens to me I noticed the more I try to distract myself with OTHER thoughts, the more the v*ing memories popped up into my head, along with imaginary scenarios. Instead, I try to watch a funny YouTube video (search Winnebago Man if you haven't seen it already) or play a game which needs a lot of thinking like chess or sudoku.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    Well, as difficult as it is, I think it's a good idea to come up with a healing image to FORCE your mind to focus on whenever these images/memories pop into your head. Do you meditate at all? There are some fabulous meditation videos on You tube. Not only are they good for getting you to relax, but they also work to help you find your way to peace when you're in the middle of an anxiety attack. The more you practice the easier it will become.
    THIS! My hypnotist has me visualize it and the feeling I have and then other times I have that feeling it's crazy how the mind works and how we associate the visualizations. Literally just did this last night because my son was sick on Thursday and I had been struggling the pressure off my chest lifted and it's crazy how we manipulate our minds so negatively. I fear v* period but I fear my son sick more than my daughter and I learned last night it's because of his dad and how emotionally detached he was from me and so not supportive. Unlike my hubby, daughters dad, so when my son is sick the pushed down feelings of his dad affect my thoughts of my son sick.