Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default did a lot of dumb stuff today and now i'm freaked.

I went on the bus, went shopping, and then ate pizza with my hands without washing them! I can't believe it. Spring is officially here in Boston but I am totally panicked that I've screwed myself and I'm going to get sick from touching all that stuff. I'm usually SO good with hand hygiene, but I was so hungry I didn't think. Ugh.

Default Re: did a lot of dumb stuff today and now i'm freaked.

That's not dumb stuff. That's NORMAL stuff. You're going to see that nothing bad will happen to you and that you can do these things without worrying.

People do that every day. It's not dumb. Bf ALWAYS does it and he's had like one cold in the 1.5 years since I've known him. He washes his hands before fixing food and after he uses the bathroom or they get gross with something, but besides that, nope. Still one of the healthiest people I know. You'll be just fine. I know it seems scary when we leave our comfort zone and branch out, but it's a good thing.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

That's the way I live and I haven't been sick in years. That's how MOST of the world lives and most of the time everyone is completely healthy. Remember that! Think of all of the kids in school touching stuff, each other, toilets, etc. Gross, right? But 95% of the time they are totally FINE and you will be too!

Remember that's it's not dumb or careless to live like a normal, healthy person!!

You're not dumb! To echo what everyone else has said, a lot of people do this! Myself included. I try to wash my hands before eating if I remember, but more often than not I forget to. I haven't had a SV or fp in 10 years of doing this. (knock on wood!)