Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Venting I guess???

Okay,well hello. I'm new to this site. I'm Emily and I'm 15. I've had a fear of throwing up since I was like eight but in the last year or so it has worsened. Around last January I started having panic attacks pretty much daily after having the flu. I weighed 132 pounds at the time but by February I was 123. My panic attacks have slowed down a lot,I don't have them often anymore,but the fear is still there. I take medicine for my stomach. I don't eat after certain times and I don't eat certain things after certain hours. Not only do I always convince myself I'm sick,I also believe I've developed some sort of eating disorder. I haven't been diagnosed but the behaviors match mine. I've lost 20 pounds from doing nothing really. I eat about 1200-1500 calories a day. I'm constantly obsessing over my weight and over getting sick. I don't really know. Is this normal? Does anyone else deal with this? Sorry I explained this so badly. Thanks.

Default Re: Venting I guess???

*I would also like to add the reason I lost so much weight is because I wasn't eating. I feel like this post made no sense. My fear is so bad and I hate it. I /realize/ it's irrational but I can't help it. Once my sibling threw up and I didn't go in the room they were sick in for over a week. Once I left school early because this girl said she was sick. I want to not worry constantly about getting sick but I feel like that's impossible.

I went through a similar situation in my early 20's. I too was unable to eat and I dropped to 96 pounds. It was a terrible time but as I got older (I am 49 now) the constant n and panic lessened significantly. I can not really explain why though. I never sought treatment for the anxiety but I did have several tests for the n and all were negative. I feel your frustration and am sorry I can not be more helpful. Welcome to the forum though. You will get lots of support here.

Thank you so much!

Venting is better than vomiting! Everything you said is normal ... for an emet. You probably don't need stomach medicine.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.