Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default On vacation and feeling n*, HELP!!

Hi everyone, I'm currently in New York visiting family and I'm really not feeling well today. It's like I have throat n* but it feels really weird. Yesterday was my first day here and I went out to see a concert with some friends at night. I have mild agoraphobia so I was anxious with the usual throat n* almost the entire day. And my eating schedule was horrible I think all I had were cup noodles and chicken nuggets. I started feeling n* when I got back to the hotel and ate, which was around 12am?? I went to bed and took antacids hoping it'd go away but it's 11am the next day now. It's been 11 hours so I probably won't v* right?? Is there anything I can do to make it go away?

Default Re: On vacation and feeling n*, HELP!!

Update: I feel hungry but I can't eat without feeling like I have to gag? My mouth gets all dry if I eat. I'm thinking it's an anxiety symptom but I have no idea

Sounds like anxiety. I often get the hungry but can't eat feeling and the weird dry mouth. Find something to distract yourself and see if you feel better. If so then it is all anxiety.

I agree with tiredofitall, sounds like anxiety to me! I get awful prolonged throat n when I'm anxious. I don't even really feel other normal anxiety symptoms. It's aWful! How are you doing nOw?

Thanks for your response I'm doing ok now, I think it was just one of those "off" days. Thankfully I'm finally having fun with almost no anxiety now!