Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Weird symptoms

Default Weird symptoms - HELP!!!

I've been feeling a little off all day - not unusual as I suffer from anxiety with n* as a main symptom. However, my stomach is now churning and grumbling and I have slight n*. I'm kinda worried this is gonna turn into something worse. I've been eating throughout the day so it won't be hunger.

Anyone familiar with this?

EDIT: I forgot to mention I've also had a bit of a headache today.

I could really use a reply here because I'm afraid its going to result in a panic attack.
    Last edited by DillonAitken; 05-22-2015 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Added information

Default Re: Weird symptoms

Little early to be bumping this but I need it at the top of the list.

hmmmm well it could be just normal digestion. are you gassy? are you eating a lot of fiber or dairy? I honestly don't know if it's something or nothing. can you get some tums or seltzer?

I'm a little gassy, yes. In terms of food, today I've had a small bag of chicken (Mattessons Fridge Raiders), a microwave pizza, some lemon, and a microwave curry. I've also only drank water today, so I don't think these are very fibre-intensive foods. I had tums last year but I lost them after my anxiety disappeared over the summer like it does. I've taken two 500mg ginger root capsules, and one 5mg Stemetil (Prochlorperazine Maleate). I'm really hoping this is nothing, I've thrown up like three times this month already (which is already way too much for one year xD).

It's worth mentioning that I'm experiencing slight pins and needles in my hands and feet, my mind seems clouded, and it feels as though I need to refocus my eyes every few minutes.
    Last edited by DillonAitken; 05-22-2015 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Spelling

that's a lot of flavorful food. the other symptoms -- sounds like you are actually tired. did you sleep well? do you get migraines? what time is it where you are? can you go home and rest for a bit?

I don't normally get migraines. It's 11:32PM and I've had my normal amount of sleep. Also I'm in my house. I'm scared to be alone in my room in case the pins and needles means something bad..

Bumping this post, still worried about this

Update: I've continued to have headaches since Friday. On Saturday I was sick, following experiencing the symptoms I talked about at the top of this thread, but the nausea went away and the headaches persisted. Today I've had some other symptoms including sensitive muscles, pressure in my head, and a little dizziness.

Couple things to consider.. I haven't been sleeping early, I've gone to bed at around 4am or after for the past 4-5 days. Also, today has been a hot day, especially since I live in an attic with no blinds on the windows and the sun bearing down on my at my computer.

Some input would be appreciated, I just think that it's strange how I've been feeling for the past week, experiencing all sorts of different symptoms and feelings. I hope it's all coincidence, but who knows.

You should probably go see an actual doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shubertgoddess View Post
    You should probably go see an actual doctor.
    I wish. They told me the earliest I could be seen was the 5th of June.

Anyway, its gotten a bit worse. I feel like I am drunk, but I'm not. This is the closest I can describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by DillonAitken View Post
    I wish. They told me the earliest I could be seen was the 5th of June.

Anyway, its gotten a bit worse. I feel like I am drunk, but I'm not. This is the closest I can describe it.
    Then you need to go to an ER or a walk in

Quote Originally Posted by Shubertgoddess View Post
    Then you need to go to an ER or a walk in
    I'm 18, I live with my parents. There's about as much chance of them letting me go to an ER or walk-in as there is of me winning the next Olympics.

if you are groggy and disoriented you need to go to the ER. period.

^yep. Don't ask them, you're 18 and in charge of yourself. Take yourself there. You need medical attention to rule some things out. Not trying to scare you, but always important to see medical advice in situations like these.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    if you are groggy and disoriented you need to go to the ER. period.
    You are 18. You're an adult. Go. Also most parents would listen seriously if their child said they felt I'll enough to willingly to to the ER. Which you need to

I hope you took everybody's advice and went and got checked out.

Hey everyone. Just to update, the dizziness and stuff went away, but I'm still going to my appointment on Friday to discuss a couple other things.