Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Friend Visiting My Home Tomorrow Was Sick Last Night :(

Hi,
    I just need some reassurance. My really good friend is staying with me tomorrow for 4 days and she texted me last night saying she v* 5 times during the evening. I immediately panicked, but I obviously don't want to cancel the plans. She's coming with some of my other best friends too. The good news is, she said she fell asleep, slept through the night, and woke up this morning feeling a lot better. I'm hoping and assuming it wasn't something contagious like the noro, because it only lasted 1 evening. Maybe it was something she ate? I just wish there was a way for me to know that whatever she had is not contagious! In addition, do you all have any advice for keeping myself safe and in the clear while she's staying with me in my home?? I'm nervous, and also a little sad because I was really looking forward to this weekend. It's terrible to have this fear looming over me the whole time.
    Any support and suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Default Re: Friend Visiting My Home Tomorrow Was Sick Last Night :(

Well if it was me I would keep the plans but probably be a little on edge the entire time. I'd be watching everything this friend touched and remember what I need to disinfect later. Then just keep up with my usual hand hygiene habits. And change the bathroom hand towel after the friend left.

Maybe obsessive but that is how I'd handle it and I think that if she did have something contagious that should be enough to avoid it spreading.

Default Re: Friend Visiting My Home Tomorrow Was Sick Last Night :(

Quote Originally Posted by Afdpt View Post
    Well if it was me I would keep the plans but probably be a little on edge the entire time. I'd be watching everything this friend touched and remember what I need to disinfect later. Then just keep up with my usual hand hygiene habits. And change the bathroom hand towel after the friend left.

Maybe obsessive but that is how I'd handle it and I think that if she did have something contagious that should be enough to avoid it spreading.

Most grown women practice good hygiene. Young children and typically the 'germ spreaders'! I am sure she showers and washes her hands after using the restroom. There's really nothing for you to worry about, though you could keep a bleach/water bottle spray in the restroom and ask her to spray down the toilet/sink when she's through if you feel comfortable.

Have a great time with your friends!!! I love girl weekends!