Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default sv* is in my house right now! i'm terrified!

hello everyone! this is my first post! i just joined today because i'm experiencing a huuuuuge crisis. ive been emetophobic since 4th grade maybe? that's the last time i v*d (knocks on wood!!!) because of a bug. ive gone through HORRIBLE gastro problems since then (even the terrible h.pylori) and managed to keep myself from v*ing all throughout it. i'm 23 now and have been battling anorexia since the time i had h.pylori. this past winter after an IBS flare up that left me hospitalized ive relapsed and i've been going through intense outpatient treatment. it's been successful... until this week.

monday night my brother complained of a bad stomach ache after a stressful day at work and mowing the lawn filled with pollen at high noon. it wasn't long before he was v*ing so much that my mom took him into the ER fearing it was an asthma attack. the doctors said it was likely stress induced and a reaction to the pollen he injested and sent him home. he hasn't v*d since early tuesday but yesterday my mom took him back to the ER because he felt so sick still. they said the exact same thing and sent him home again. apparently my mom (who is a teacher) had to help a student who v*d all over her classroom to the nurse and late last night she v*d twice. that's all. no d* for either of them. no fever either. today she's been isolated in her bedroom resting and sipping water. also today my brother is like 100% better and even went out with his friends so i'm wondering if the doctors were right and my mom caught this from her student?

my sister and i both suffer from horrible emetophobia so we are TERRIFIED and PANICKING beyond belief. we haven't touched my brother or mother, we've been obsessively washing our hands with soap and water, also wet ones because they contain that chemical that kills norovirus and i've sprayed EVERYTHING with Lysol III so much that we're now out of it. we haven't entered the bathroom my brother was using monday night and we only used my mom's bathroom BEFORE she showed symptoms.

now, tuesday morning i myself had a terrible one time d* episode and felt nauseated all day. i managed to sip water and had a popsicle before bed. i'm wondering if that was it for me?? but i'm still scared for my sister and myself and my dad who hasn't gotten it either and can't afford to miss work. ive also been around my boyfriend all week and he hasn't gotten it either even though he's been in my house. it's been 48 hours since my brother first fell ill and we're not even sure he was contagious at all.

i'm so so sorry for all of this omg i'm just SO TERRIFIED like paralyzed with fear. im not putting my hands in my mouth and i haven't been near someone during or right after they've v*d. neither has my sister. do you think we'll be safe??! i'm so scared. I've been crying nonstop and unable to eat anything except for a slice of bread and 2 slices yesterday because my boyfriend made me. i'm sipping a big glass of welch's 100% grape juice today as well and so is my sister to add to our prevention methods.

i also have zofran on hand just in case... will that stop me from v*ing? it usually works wonders for my persistent nausea that comes with my IBS.

again i'm so sorry for this huge post. i'm just so scared i didn't know where else to turn.

Default Re: sv* is in my house right now! i'm terrified!

Hi!

I'm so sorry you and your sister are going through this, this is pretty much an emetophobes worst nightmare! I had a similar experience a few months ago. My nan and grandad caught the norovirus, and I refused to let my mother go and see them even when they got better. I even went as far as to lock myself in my room for 2 weeks! Terrifying!

In your case, you are doing the right thing, washing areas that may have been touched and keeping your hands away from your face. So you are bound not to get it. Even if you do, it does not mean you will v***.

Stay close to your sister, she needs you just as much as you need her. Everything will be alright. What your experiencing now is panic, which is why you feel nauseous. Panic can do all sorts to your body, so relax, watch some comedy and distract yourself. Works for me

You are doing very well and take a zofran if you need to You and your sister are so brave!

thank you SOOOO much for your kindness and support. it means so much to me!! i feel absolutely crazy. my dad has slept next to my mom the past two nights and used her bathroom and is still perfectly fine. you'd think since his close proximity to her he'd be sick already right?? after midnight tonight it'll be 48 hours since she fell ill so i'm praying like crazy we'll be in the clear.

i'm still not eating but i'm managing to sip some water. i put on some gloves today and bleached the whole kitchen and my brother picked up more Lysol III for me to spray everywhere! i did reach for ice with my bare hands to put in my water bottle though... but i'm fairly certain i didn't touch anything contaminated since i'd just cloroxed pretty much everything in the kitchen.

my mom is up moving around the house a little now though... so that's worrying me. im spraying Lysol everywhere i think she's been. im SO paranoid. i like gave myself a sponge bath in my room using a bottle of water and dry shampoo because i still refuse to go in the bathroom my brother was sick in. 😂😂😂

i talked to her from the doorway of her bedroom too. that's not close enough to be infected right?! she's wondering if it was something she ate the day before or stress from my brother because while she feels exhausted she's positive my dad would have been sick by yesterday at least if she has something contagious. im trying super hard to reassure myself and my sister that we'll be okay. the panic attacks im experiencing are so intense and it's really triggering for my eating disorder to be going so long without much food but i can't help it. i'm much too afraid. i feel like im out of my mind here but it's so amazing to read posts from people like me!!! i feel less alone! it's just totally amazing to me how some emetophobes manage to v* when ill or drunk!! i was gagging from drinking too much once last summer and just didn't let myself v*. i would rather die tbh. i felt like crap the rest of the week though! i wish i could have been one of those people who don't care. i have friends who LIKE it. im like aRE YALL CRAZY!!!

this phobia is something else.

You'll be fine! I just wrote on another post, that me and my family got SV, but I was the only one who v*ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonianevermind View Post
    hello everyone! this is my first post! i just joined today because i'm experiencing a huuuuuge crisis. ive been emetophobic since 4th grade maybe? that's the last time i v*d (knocks on wood!!!) because of a bug. ive gone through HORRIBLE gastro problems since then (even the terrible h.pylori) and managed to keep myself from v*ing all throughout it. i'm 23 now and have been battling anorexia since the time i had h.pylori. this past winter after an IBS flare up that left me hospitalized ive relapsed and i've been going through intense outpatient treatment. it's been successful... until this week.

monday night my brother complained of a bad stomach ache after a stressful day at work and mowing the lawn filled with pollen at high noon. it wasn't long before he was v*ing so much that my mom took him into the ER fearing it was an asthma attack. the doctors said it was likely stress induced and a reaction to the pollen he injested and sent him home. he hasn't v*d since early tuesday but yesterday my mom took him back to the ER because he felt so sick still. they said the exact same thing and sent him home again. apparently my mom (who is a teacher) had to help a student who v*d all over her classroom to the nurse and late last night she v*d twice. that's all. no d* for either of them. no fever either. today she's been isolated in her bedroom resting and sipping water. also today my brother is like 100% better and even went out with his friends so i'm wondering if the doctors were right and my mom caught this from her student?

my sister and i both suffer from horrible emetophobia so we are TERRIFIED and PANICKING beyond belief. we haven't touched my brother or mother, we've been obsessively washing our hands with soap and water, also wet ones because they contain that chemical that kills norovirus and i've sprayed EVERYTHING with Lysol III so much that we're now out of it. we haven't entered the bathroom my brother was using monday night and we only used my mom's bathroom BEFORE she showed symptoms.

now, tuesday morning i myself had a terrible one time d* episode and felt nauseated all day. i managed to sip water and had a popsicle before bed. i'm wondering if that was it for me?? but i'm still scared for my sister and myself and my dad who hasn't gotten it either and can't afford to miss work. ive also been around my boyfriend all week and he hasn't gotten it either even though he's been in my house. it's been 48 hours since my brother first fell ill and we're not even sure he was contagious at all.

i'm so so sorry for all of this omg i'm just SO TERRIFIED like paralyzed with fear. im not putting my hands in my mouth and i haven't been near someone during or right after they've v*d. neither has my sister. do you think we'll be safe??! i'm so scared. I've been crying nonstop and unable to eat anything except for a slice of bread and 2 slices yesterday because my boyfriend made me. i'm sipping a big glass of welch's 100% grape juice today as well and so is my sister to add to our prevention methods.

i also have zofran on hand just in case... will that stop me from v*ing? it usually works wonders for my persistent nausea that comes with my IBS.

again i'm so sorry for this huge post. i'm just so scared i didn't know where else to turn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.