Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay, quick question. I am a sufferer of only gradual emetophobia. I only panic when I start to feel really n*. I have never been drunk before because of the fear of v*, but I don't think I would mind it if I knew what I was getting in to. For those if you who have gotten drunk and v* or have v* from a hangover, is it as bad as actually getting sick and v*? I heard it tends to come on more sudennly. Thanks.

One more thing. If you v* when you're drunk, isn't it not as bad simply because you're calm from being drunk?

lol- generally, I have found that vomitting from either is equally unpleasant. However, I allow myself to vomit while drinking, because it's for a reason- alcohol left in your system can do a lot of damage. If I am about to vomit because of an upset stomach or the likes, I will often take precautions so that it doesnt happen. However, if I drink, I understand that it really needs to happen.

For me, when I vomit from drinking, I feel nauseous for about a half hour before it actually happens (which usually gives me enough time to get home). However, after you do the deed, you feel a lot better, which is not always the case with a virus.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Why do you need to get drunk? I only drink enough to feel good... usually two glasses of wine or two martinis. I have never gotten drunk intentionally but I have had a little too much accidently. I think I panic just as much....haha, if anything it sobers me up really quick when I get that feeling!!!! Maybe iif you're really drunk you wont even remember v'ing[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    instant messenger-aggiecrafts

Everything happens for a reason

I agree with beadgirl...why even bother getting drunk? Drink to feel good, not get stupid, then b**f on someone!

Just my two cents.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

I only got sick from drinking once. I didn't panic at all. In fact, I was happy I got sick, because I felt much better afterwards.

I think the fact that I was drunk and feeling silly was the reason I wasn't anxious about it.
    I must face my fear.
    I will allow it to pass over and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see it\'s path.
    Where it has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. -Dune

i got sick once from drinking, i was no longer drunk though. it sucked
    so much because i just felt so bad, and i woke up in the middle of the
    night sober and extremely n*. i felt SO MUCH BETTER after i v*, thats
    the good thing about drunk v* or alcohol v*, it makes you feel 1000%
    better.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

lol-

Whenever I am drinking I never "intend" to get drunk- it just occasionally happens, because after a few drinks I at times lose count. This, or course, is more prevalent on my birthday and major holidays.

I think vomitting due to alcohol is nature's way of saying "listen up loser, don't drink so much next time, aiight?"

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I drink and have been drinking ever since I turned 21 (LoL That's like 3 months ago) Anyway the first time I went out I didn't want to get totally waisted. I had 4 shots of bacardi and a vodka/cranberry juice. I got majorly buzzed but I wasn't drunk. I woke up with a little headache the next day but other then that I was fine.

I was scared to drink at first cause I was afraid I'd drink too much and then I'd v*. But when you are buzzed you know it, and you only have to get buzzed to have fun you don't have to get fall down stinkin drunk...IMO that is. I haven't been that buzzed ever since. I didn't really like the feeling it gave me. I have had a few tiny little buzzes here and there from a beer or two but nothing like what it was on my birthday.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

"then b**f on someone"

Ew, Crystal, that happened to my friends once! we were out at a college bar and I turned around to see this guy crouched down. My friends grabbed me and we ran up to the bathroom. I was in front of them when it all happened so thank god I didn't get puked on!
    instant messenger-aggiecrafts

Everything happens for a reason

Hahaha- I have never, thankfully, EVER gotten vomitted on. There have been some close calls, but I swear to god I have a 6th sense and can perceive when someone is going to vom from alcohol. Its a gift I am glad to have

I have also never gotten sick in public, or even at someone else's place, due to alcohol. My stomach has a radar system- I will only get sick once and only once I am back home and facing my own toilet. (with no one else to witness but my cat, who can't speak thus cannot judge- only with her eyes)

*amber*

This is funny: I too never intended to get drunk, for fear that I would V*. I saw my sister get VERY s**k from being way too drunk one time, and it wasn't pretty. Well, my hubby makes me white russians sometimes, and they are sooooo good that sometimes I drink them a little too fast. One time, I drank a couple of them and felt fine. THEN, I started to feel S*, fast! It was so funny, because I made myself a peanut butter sandwich, hoping it would "soak" up the alcohol and fill my stomach up. I remember hoping that I wouln't V* on the kitchen counter while making it. I sat down and called my dad to ask him what he does when he's drunk to avoid being S* (mistake, because he makes himself V* when he's drunk!), so I changed the subject and talked to him about other stuff, to take my mind off it. So, I was talking to him, rambling on like crazy, while shoving peanut butter sandwich into my mouth as fast as I could, talking with my mouth full. I was laughing at one point and coughed, so of course bits of sandwich went flying out of my mouth, which made me laugh and choke!! I sounded like a total paranoid dork, but my dad understood. I love the feeling of being "buzzed", so I do drink, I just make sure I have food in my stomach first!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

lol- Charlene- you don't even KNOW how many times I have ended up at a diner at 3am, mowing down a grilled cheese (quite sloppily I might add) while trying to make the spins go away. To keep my mind off it I usually engage in drunken conversation with other people doing the same. I think taping this and watching itwould probably be enough for me to NEVER DRINK AGAIN.

(which is the promise that everyone makes when they are feeling sick from alcohol- the NEVER DRINK AGAIN prayer.....that always gets revoked by the next time you go out).

*amber*

AMBER ~~

That is SO TRUE!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~