Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Emetophobia Treatment Locations in Florida??

I would really appreciate anyone's experience or knowledge of any locations in Florida that offer treatment for Emetophobia. Perferably in the Orlando or Tampa area, but any advice would be great, Thank You...

Default Re: Emetophobia Treatment Locations in Florida??

I don't think there's such a thing as emetophobia-specific treatment centers, but you could try to find a therapist who specializes in phobias and anxiety maybe?

Thanks for your reply Collie. We have tried therapists that specialize in phobias and anxiety, but so far have found they were not very familiar with Emetophobia specifically. We found ourselves bringing our materials to them for study to hopefully determine a direction of treatment. I know it is rare enough we will not find a dedicated center, but we are hoping to find a professional with specific experience with Emetophobia.. We continue to look and ask.

Maybe therapists who specialize in CBT...they seem to know a lot more about phobias. Good luck...I have a condo in Fort Myers...a little too far from you...can't wait to move there permanently...

Quote Originally Posted by mishles View Post
    Thanks for your reply Collie. We have tried therapists that specialize in phobias and anxiety, but so far have found they were not very familiar with Emetophobia specifically. We found ourselves bringing our materials to them for study to hopefully determine a direction of treatment. I know it is rare enough we will not find a dedicated center, but we are hoping to find a professional with specific experience with Emetophobia.. We continue to look and ask.
    Ah I see. Best of luck to you!

CBT is the general methods of those we have talked to, but they are still not in tune to the nuances of Emetophobia we have found.