Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please someone help me!!!

Omg my husband just fed me for dinner tacos and after eating 1.5 I said why do these shells taste stale and the salsa that comes with it looks runny. So I got up to check the expiration date and it was TWO YEARS AGO!!!!! Omg I don't even know where he found that kit. And now I am beyond panicked. I have melted right down. Crying panicking shaking. Am I going to get sick???!! I can't even breathe I'm so scared. I want to just die right now. I'm so furious with him. Please someone tell me I'm not going to get food poisoning. I'm so scared I can't stop crying and shaking.

Default Re: Please someone help me!!!

Aside from tasting stale did the items taste funny in any other way? Plenty of people pay not attention to expiration dates at all, eat expired food all the time and are fine so try not to panic too much just yet! A taco kit is probably loaded with preservatives which keep it safe to eat long after a printed expiration date anyway. Those dates a required to be printed but I don't know the exact equation for how long certain foods get and why.

Hope you're doing well so far!

Default Re: Please someone help me!!!

Thank you. They tasted fine other than stale. I think that's why my husband kept insisting they were fine. It wasn't until I went in the garbage to check the date.
    I just really hope I don't get sick. I'm so worried