Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Weird SV?

Default Weird SV?

Okay so this is sort of a confusing story so bear with me...so my mom had d* the other morning, she said she had it like twice, took medicine and was fine but had it again the next morning. She assumed it was nothing as she never really felt sick or anything except for some abdominal cramping.

In the middle of the night last night my stepdad v* and when I woke up this morning I had some cramping and had extremely liquid d* twice. Similar to my mom I don't really feel n* and I know it isn't from nerves because I found out about my stepdad v*ing like 2 minutes before I had d*.

I'm assuming we all have something? Any ideas on what this is and what I can expect?

Default Re: Weird SV?

Different people can respond differently to the same virus. I would guess that your experience will probably be similar to what your mom had since that's the way it tends to be so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Afdpt View Post
    Different people can respond differently to the same virus. I would guess that your experience will probably be similar to what your mom had since that's the way it tends to be so far.
    We've had the same thing in our house too. No fun, but to be honest of all the bugs we've had this one seems the most mild (though it certainly drags! ). My best friend had v*ing and everyone else in her house had the liquid d*. Gross stuff!
    Last edited by Syrup; 06-07-2015 at 06:42 AM.

I had a weird virus back in March. I started feeling bad suddenly. I wouldn't have an appetite but was able to eat. That lasted about 2 days, then on the 3rd day d* happened as well as fatigue and having a huge headache. The 4th day I went to the doctor and he said it was a bug (didn't specify noro) and gave me amoxicillin and Prilosec. The amoxicillin did the trick and within a few days my appetite returned and the constant discomfort and d subsided. It was definitely the weirdest bug I've had because I never had it treated with an antibiotic lol.

Syrup what you said sounds exactly like what we had! My mom and I both had liquid d* while my stepdad had v* and some d* as well. Thank you for the support guys. I guess my fear just lies in the "what if I wasnt actually sick and the d* was a coincidence" if that makes sense? Like I'm scared there's still a possibility that I could v*

Quote Originally Posted by Kittycat319 View Post
    Syrup what you said sounds exactly like what we had! My mom and I both had liquid d* while my stepdad had v* and some d* as well. Thank you for the support guys. I guess my fear just lies in the "what if I wasnt actually sick and the d* was a coincidence" if that makes sense? Like I'm scared there's still a possibility that I could v*
    I know what you mean, but you've had it. It's over. It would be too coincidental for you to be having liquid d* at the same time that your father was v*ing. You had the little bug that's going around. It's quick, but yucky and totally over with! Now focus on the summertime!!!!

My entire family got SV. I was the only one who v*ed. I had n* only during the first 30 mins, which went away and then there was only v*ing (with warning, my heart would race and my mouth would salivate but there was no n* after the first half hour). My mom got n*, d* and a fever, and my sister got just n*. I wouldn't be worried if I were you, it only happened to me, not the other two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittycat319 View Post
    Okay so this is sort of a confusing story so bear with me...so my mom had d* the other morning, she said she had it like twice, took medicine and was fine but had it again the next morning. She assumed it was nothing as she never really felt sick or anything except for some abdominal cramping.

In the middle of the night last night my stepdad v* and when I woke up this morning I had some cramping and had extremely liquid d* twice. Similar to my mom I don't really feel n* and I know it isn't from nerves because I found out about my stepdad v*ing like 2 minutes before I had d*.

I'm assuming we all have something? Any ideas on what this is and what I can expect?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Just wanted to thank everyone who commented on this for their support It's been close to a week now and everyone seems to be doing better! Things like this really make me realize how far I've come with my phobia since I joined this site.