Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Hey guys...Ive been posting here off and on.. but read this site EVERY DAY! Its wonderful!

After work, my friend and I were really hungry and decided to go to the new chinese buffet place.. which I LOVE. Anyway, Im always worred about food poisoning and stuff like that, which is bad enough...

Well, before I eat out anywhere, I always go in the bathroom towash my hands...I HATE public bathrooms..but you know us emets must keep our hands clean! Well, Im washing my hands and I hear someone talking on a cell phone in one ofthe stalls..and she was saying.. "oooh my belly hurts sooo bad" Im thinking... OH NO.. I better hurry and leave! LOL

Then..... we were sitting near this family and this kid wasnt eating... the mother kept saying "are you sick or just tired?" Im thinking..... why me?? Im not sure of the kids response, but the mom took her to the bathroom. [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

So then Im thinking.. GREAT. if THESE people touched the spoons and stuff on the buffet.. will I get sick?
    Gosh..I hope not.

Even though I washed my hands before dinner, i still had to touch the spoons on the buffet. then I ate a couple things that u have to eat with your hands.. Ugh..I cant win!

I hate SV season!!! WITH A PASSION![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

I always use hand sanitizer before I eat. I eat lunch in my work cafe and since I always eat salad bar I touch the spoons a million others have touched. So, i whip out my handy dandy mini sized Purell bottle and sanitize away before I eat.

Buffets are just big germ fests. I never trust the food. The tongs are disgusting, people eat with their hands, lick their fingers and go back for seconds without washing. NASTY STUFF!!! I give you credit for going toa buffet in the first place.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I don't do buffets either. i think if I wasn't an EMET I would hate buffets since everyone has touched all that stuff. I know that people don't wash after the bathroom and they touch all those spoons etc. and most people don't care. I think it is great when someone can put all those fears aside and do the buffet. i give you credit for that, and you need not worry about the kid...my kid would not eat chinese food and he loves new things, so the kid was fine and not wanting the food. as for the woman in the bathroom...she ate too much and would not be chatting with someone if she was sick with V* or D*.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

Even though you guys are correct in saying that buffets are nothing but germ fests...i love them LOL I guess the times i go to them are when i'm feeling my strongest (emet wise) and decide to "ehh what the heck!" take a chance hehe!
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

I agree with you meercat! I have never worried about stuff like that... don't reckon you're at THAT much more risk than if you eat anywhere else.

You kinda are at more risk at the buffets. In addition to the tongs and spoons that are touched by EVERYONE, little kids tend to help themselves to the food without using the tongs and I've even witnessed adults just "grabbing" the food instead of using the tongs. That's why I stopped going. I also witness kids who are shorter than the sneeze guard and they've proceeded to cough and sneeze in the general direction of the food. YUCKY!!!!
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

You couldn't pay me enough money in the world to eat from a buffet!! EEWWWW!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

YEah, Im actually surprised myself that I eat there once in awhile. It has a good reputation though... and they keep their bathroom spotless..which is a good sign too. LOL

There have been other places though, that I wont eat at..because I get suspicious of the food handling.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Default Re: Today at the restaurant

I've finally found someone that is just like me!

I have gotten to the point I woukd rather not est out anywhere anymore. There are too many places that should be closed down by the health department and arent. Im down right paranoid anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleKS2018 View Post
    I have gotten to the point I woukd rather not est out anywhere anymore. There are too many places that should be closed down by the health department and arent. Im down right paranoid anymore.
    Go to restaurants that are nicer and hire real trained chefs. While it is t a guarantee that they’ll be perfect, chefs and trained cooks all have to pass food safety certifications to graduate.