Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What is going on?!

I'm having a really tough time again... I've been on here multiple times about this issues but it still freaks me out. I currently live with my boyfriend and he tends to be the type to v* whenever. Since we have been together there have been 3-4 instances where he swears he has a sv* and that's why he is v* but I don't think it is.... But this time he swears he has one and slept all day and just called to tell me he v* and felt really light headed. I'm scared this is the real thing and I'm next. I don't even know what to do and it doesn't help that I already have stomach issues to begin with and have been dealing with an "episode" ugh.

Default Re: What is going on?!

That sounds very tough! Hopefully in time if you guys stay together and he continues to v* frequently the exposure will help to decrease the anxiety you feel. My fiance has a sensitive stomach so tends to get d* if he eats the wrong type of food and will complain of "an upset stomach." This used to set my anxiety off really bad in the beginning of our relationship but now doesn't phase me at all. I know it's a little different because it's not exactly v* but I believe the exposure is helpful regardless!

Just keep your hands washed and the bathroom cleaned and know that you'll get through this!

Thank you! Sometimes I can handle it and help him through it, but he swears this time he's really sick so I'm freaking out!

Just disinfect a lot! That's my best advice. At least you'll know you did everything you could! Stomach bugs, while very contagious, are very containable if you take proper precautions. Hang in there!

its odd to have so many episodes...does he eat questionable things or drink? I don't know if he is sick now or was before, partly because the likelihood of so many viruses at his age is...rare. that being said, for sanity sake, treat them all is if they are viruses and wash hands, etc.

is the type to v* if anything doesn't agree with him and it has also happened under stress... i am home now and cleaned out the bathroom and I spoke to him on the phone, because he is at his friends, and he said that he feels fine now he's just so dizzy and that is why he v* when he did earlier. he is now showing symptoms of a cold (cough, stuffy nose, achy ears, sore throat) so i am just hoping and praying its just a cold and he happened to v* but i am still taking precautions like i always do!

Probably was just from the cold symptoms starting. I know a few people in my life like him... Who will just v* at any start of an upset stomach or other illness. Some also swear it's a virus every time but I doubt that's possible, especially when they bounce back so quickly which it sounds like he did. I'm actually envious of these people because v* is so not a big deal to them.

That is what I was thinking, because we have been around a lot of people that have things like colds or strep. We slept on the couch last night because I was scared to sleep in the bed and on opposite sides, which still scared me. But we woke up this morning and I thought since he was out last night and hung out with his friends that he would have been feeling better, but he feels worse. He is still extremely dizzy and has ALL cold like symptoms... Now, I have a really stuffy nose, sore ears, and am draining like crazy. I am freaking out because he v* when this first started and now I think that I am getting it. UGHHHH. sorry to keep bumping this, but i just need to vent to you guys about it because he just doesn't understand.

Sorry you're not feeling well! I think you're probably safe from v* though. I had a cold 2 weeks ago and while the post nasal drip did make me feel a bit gaggy and mildly n* at times, I never even came close to v*. (Although I could see how someone who wasn't emet would have done so in that situation- it wasn't so strong of a feeling that I was super concerned or had to actively fight anything) hope you both feel better soon!

I am really starting to worry because i am n* now... I don't know if it is from my anxiety or not though. I am really shaky and have all my normal symptoms of anxiety. but i am still worried... I got home from work to find that my boyfriend hasn't left the couch all day and his body hurts so bad that he can barely move but no more stomach problems. i hate this phobia so much