Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Mouth watering making me panic

I have learnt from this site that excessive saliva is often a precursor to v*. About 15 mins ago my mouth suddenly filled with saliva and its still the same -this is totally new for me. I did feel n* beforehand and at the moment I'm feeling very sick but I'm also scared cos this could be the lead up to me v*. Anyone know of innocent reasons why this could happen. Its almost 1 in the morning so there its definitely not food related. Help please

Default Re: Mouth watering making me panic

It can happen from anxiety! I had it JUST from that so many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by claire43 View Post
    I have learnt from this site that excessive saliva is often a precursor to v*. About 15 mins ago my mouth suddenly filled with saliva and its still the same -this is totally new for me. I did feel n* beforehand and at the moment I'm feeling very sick but I'm also scared cos this could be the lead up to me v*. Anyone know of innocent reasons why this could happen. Its almost 1 in the morning so there its definitely not food related. Help please

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In my experience, the excess saliva before I v* is unmistakable for what it is. It's more than just feeling like you have extra saliva in your mouth - it is sudden production of saliva that fills up your mouth (and it tastes different than regular saliva too in my experience.) I normally sit in the bathroom and spit it out as one of the ways to fight off v*. Another thing (at least in my experience) is that once this happening - v* usually happens pretty quickly so if it has not happened like that, I think you may be okay.

As stated above, anxiety could be doing this especially since you're feeling a bit n* anyway.

Hope you're feeling better by now!

Afdpt, I agree, it does feel different. It's a very specific and terrifying (to me) feeling.

I do get hypersalivation from anxiety. It sucks. Drink some water
    M I D N I G H T