Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling very sick and scared

I posted about 2 hours ago saying that my mouth was producing a lot of saliva which I can't ever remember happening before. Now the nausea has been building up and right now its really really strong. Ive had to go to the toilet about 15 mins ago - bearing in mind its 2.45 in the morn that is unusual too. I've taken anti-emetics over past couple of hours but its just getting worse. I'm also having these waves of heat wash over me too. God please help me I'm scared

Default Re: Feeling very sick and scared

when i get really n* during anxiety attacks, i like to stand outside and get fresh air. as unusual as it sounds anxiety can sometimes make you salivate excessively. chances are you're making yourself feel worse by worrying so much about it. and i feel like anti-emetics would have helped if you were actually sick, so i'm sure it's just anxiety that's causing it. try and calm down, take some deep breaths. the feeling will not last forever.

i experiences similar last night -- woke up with a panic attack and had a flash of heat wash over me, but i did not v* at all. i just had to calm down and the feeling went away. i hope you feel better!

I agree hun...the mind can make you terribly anxious, and you were definitely worrying about this. Just think, you took the anti emetics, so you are covered!! The nausea you feel now is anxiety. Try to distract yourself, do something you love, take a hot relaxing bath, that always helps me. Hang in there!!

Thank you both. I'm still feeling ill but have been trying to keep myself distracted with games on fb. Still not doing well and I have to get up for work in less than 3 hrs. I'm stressing now. I can hear the birds

Quote Originally Posted by claire43 View Post
    Thank you both. I'm still feeling ill but have been trying to keep myself distracted with games on fb. Still not doing well and I have to get up for work in less than 3 hrs. I'm stressing now. I can hear the birds
    if possible, maybe it'd be best to call in from work today? i know exactly how you feel, but i'm glad you're keeping yourself distracted.