Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So as many of you know, I already have a child... he is 4. I am also engaged, yada yada yada. Either way.. in the time I've been with Mike, I've used a few different forms of Birth Control.. Different pills.. but the problem with those were:
    <UL>
    <LI>Weight gain</LI>
    <LI>breaking out</LI>
    <LI>and not remembering to take them at scheduled times</LI>[/list]

(This is a little personal at times and it's long)

I've also tried the patch which was alright, except it DOES move around (not a problem in the winter because I could stick it on my shoulder blade or arm.. and didn't affect me during working out. BUt again, I was sticky, and it slid around and I was afraid of losing it... (as I lost it swimming once). The pros were
    <UL>
    <LI>It was placed once a week</LI>[/list]

I was on the nuva ring for about a year, but I got a few (personal) yeast infections while I was using it... (which I had never had before).. and it began to become painful to remove. The pros:
    <UL>
    <LI>Once a month</LI>
    <LI>Didn't move around, but had to remove it during interc'</LI>[/list]

So, now I'm getting a IUD.. which I guess they stick up in your uterus, and it is nonhormonal.. (which i really like because it won't interfere w/ any medications or cause any moodiness... but may cause cramping or PID...but that's all .. wheaas there are other risks that come w/ the pill. (pick and choose ur evil I guess)

I'm not scared that I'm going to v*.. b/c I've had worse done to me... and they won't be using any anestisia. It's also a very quick procedure, and the doctors are all experienced. I also am getting this done because I don't have to think about birthcontrol for the next 10 years.. there's nothing daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly... so if I take well to it then I am all set.

But I'm still nervious and can feel myself getting worked up. I've looked into this, and thankfully my healthcarrier covers it... but I was just wondering if anyone else has one.. or knows anyone who had one done.. and let me know how it was or how they took to it.

thanks if you read this and if you are able to give me any info.

Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

im not really sure tayda, ive never heard of it. sorry i cant help
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

i just want to say that Im an IUD baby. haha. my mom got pregant with me while she had an IUD in. luckly, I was a good suprise.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I know a girl that got it done, and she loves it. It can stay in for 5 years now, and they are more safe now than they were 20 yrs ago. When she got it done, there was a couple days of cramping and you get some spotting in the beginning, but after about 3 days she was fine. I say go for it. It's better than getting fixed cause its not permanent, and it is a long term birth control. Good luck.

Michele

Tayda,

I had one! Let me just say this before I write anything else, my doctors did not want to give me one, but I pretty much insisted. I do not have any children, and they warned me that there was a huge chance that my body would reject it. And let me just tell you that my body tried to reject it for 10 whole years.. Whew. I had the most severe cramps the whole time I had it. But that is a known side effect for childless women. Beyond that, it was a wonderful form of BC. I am very sensitive to hormones, and it was a good choice for me. The insertion procedure is fairly painful, but I can bet you have been through worse. It is super quick, but leaves you cramping for quite awhile. I wasnt nausated, just in a bit of pain. You might want to take some pain killers going in if they say it is fine.

The good news is that women who have children tend to not have any side effects or very little. So I think it will be a great solution for you! Let me know if you have any questions! When are you going in?

--Kim

EEP! Going in tomorrow! Have to go and get my blood work done today... (to make sure I"m not pregnant.. and considering I called them when I got my period... I'm quite sure that I'm not).

I'm thinkin of taking a few IB Profens before going in... but I'll ask when I get there.. and see if it is alright to take midol.. (to see if it will ease the cramping). I had natural labor and child birth... so I keep telling myself that it can be worse than squeezing a bowling ball out.. lol..

I go tomorrow at 10:00 in the morning... I've been pretty sensitive to hormones myself... and just want to try something that shouldn't have any side effects..

I know that nothing is 100%... and I keep telling myself that medical technology has come a long way... [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]... but the fact that if my body doesn't reject it.. that I don't have to think about anything for another 10 years.. is just heaven... ya know? I am SOOO forgetful.. I take my meds when I remember... (I started taking prozac at 8 in the morning... and then it was 5.. and last night it was 11! So I'm bad about scheduled doses of stuff... (long term).. so I hope this will work

But I'll definitely let you guys know how it went. The biggest sideeffect I've heard of was heavier crampier periods... but I'm usually not too bad.. (though i can get pms/ emotional/ or grumpy right before my periods... my periods are usually heavy for 1 day.. then last for another 2 days... then they're gone.. so I have the best thing (aside from not having one at all). The other IUD they discussed was hormonal.. and causes most women to skip periods here and there... I'd be scared I was preggers...

Welp.. wish me luck.. the time is 22.5 hours away now..

dum dum dum dum dduuuuuuum

okay.. I'm done...
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

TInk..

would you do it again?

Hey Tayda,

Dont worry, you will be fine! Remember, I have never had a child, so the pain is different for me. My cervix has never been dialated at all, so it was a new kind of pain. They say it is a ton times better for mothers, so dont worry. My guess is that you will just be uncomfortable. Those things are TINY! I made them show me before it was put in. I am just a wimp, believe me!

I probably wouldnt do it again, only becasue it felt like my body was trying to expel it the whole 10 years. I had alot of cramping. But if I did have a child, I would do it in a second. The Dr's warned me, but I just didnt listen. It was made for ladies like you, so dont worry! You will be fine! It only takes a few seconds for the actual insertion. And you can go home soon after.

Please write and tell us how it went! You will be fine!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

--Kim