Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default help help really freaking out

I feel so sick right now I don't know what to do with myself. I am at my apartment with my boyfriend and I woke up (it is now 3:49 AM) with a horrible stomach ache. I went to the bathroom and admittedly was afraid to poop (this sounds so silly) because I didn't want my boyfriend to hear. But I tried and--this is gross--kept farting but nothing else. So I gave up and went back to bed. But the stomach ache only got worse so I got up and went on the computer. I felt like I was about to explode so went to br again and only made 3 small ones. I don't know what is happening to me, I feel like I'm dying, I feel dizzy, really on the verge of a panic attack here. I don't know what to do, please help me.

Default Re: help help really freaking out

I hope you're feeling better by now! Sounds like you may have eaten something that didn't agree with you? May just have gas from that (or for any reason.) Then the stomach discomfort probably triggered anxiety for you which is why you feel dizzy and panicky. It happens to me more frequently than I'd like but usually will subside once you can either distract yourself or use other calming techniques to reassure yourself that you are fine.

Default Re: help help really freaking out

That sounds like gas! I swear by gas-x chewables. They calm my gassy stomach down really well, and they work fast!