Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Omg please help please

So yesterday I accidentally drank out of a girls drink at work and told her, I was like I'm sorry, you haven't been sick lately have you? She said no. Today at work she just threw up for like 20 mins straight I could hear the whole thing. She is still doing it actually.a girl said her stomach hurt and was helping her. The sick girl was at the desk touching everything all day. She was fine up until about it an hour ago. Omg I'm freaking out and shaking please help. I'm so afraid! Please help!
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Default Re: Omg please help please

The CDC says that noro can be found in your stool before you feel sick.

I'd say your chances of catching anything are very very minimal. It says that it CAN be found in your stool, doesn't mean that's a high chance. It doesn't mean that she got any on her hand, and it doesn't mean she doesn't wash her hands after using the bathroom. You may have touched her water bottle but as long as you washed your hands afterward you'd be safe even on the SMALL CHANCE there were germs on the bottle. People don't generally touch with their hands the part of a water bottle/cup that you drink from so I highly doubt you were exposed. Again the chance that she was shedding the virus on anything is so extremely small before having symptoms that I wouldn't worry (even as an emetophobe.)

Try to take deep breathes and relax!

Thank you for your quick response! I talked to my mom and she thought it sounded like fp because the poor girl was fine all morning and then randomly started getting violently ill. The ambulance actually came and took her out on a stretcher. She comes in around 9am every day and she started getting sick around 3p. It could have been whatever she ate for bfast? Im hoping?

She also had subway for lunch so she was feeling fine and everything happened upruptly.

Is upruptly a word? Ubruptly. Do you think it was fp?

It definitely could have been something she ate in which case you have nothing to worry about. And even if it was a bug of some sort of some sort of say you're still very safe

Thank you. I'm still shaken up about it, I came home and showered immediately. I have been obseSsing and WebMd-ing and Googling fp vs sv all evening. Ugh. I hate this fear! I feel exhausted by my anxiety!

I'm super tired right now and kind of achy. Idk its probably from having such intense anxiety for such an extended amount of time but it's causing me to have more anxiety now. Ugh I hate this!

I've definitely been there... Many times I'm sorry you're going through it but you will get through this (I'd bet money it'll be without ever getting sick yourself as long as you keep up your proper hygiene which I know you will.) hope you're able to get a good night rest to allow your body and mind to recover! Hugs!

You're so sweet, I truly appreciate your kind words and encouragement! I'm going to try to rest. I'm hoping that poor girl is okay too. Hopefully tomorrow I'll find out that it was fp or an ulcer or gallbladder or something non contagious. Fingers crossed!

The last time I had food poisoning was from Subway. that place is gross. I'd say there's a good chance its that. Usually if you have a virus you feel crappy for awhile before you actually start getting sick.