Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default yup, after 8 years, it just happened

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling usual n*, i jolted out of bed and kind of threw up, but I would not let it come up. I stayed awake all night by my toilet just breathing heavily holding it down, I just woke up, and as soon as I got up I vomited all over the bathroom. It was horrible, but I didn't die. I am here typing this. My mouth still tastes disgusting and I feel it coming back again. As I am typing this I feel my stomach churning. I am trying not to panic but wow, 8 years of worry, and I just did it.

Default Re: yup, after 8 years, it just happened

oh my. I'm so sorry. it sounds like you handled it well, tried to not let it happen but when it did, you survived. sounds like although messy and gross, you are dealing with it clearly. you feel any better now? sometimes it just happens once even though you feel gross after. hugs.

I have yet to v* again,its been about 5 hours. I've been sipping on gingerale and water, which I think is what I am supposed to do. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

sip a shot glass of liquid every 15 minutes. after an hour if you can keep all 8 oz down you can introduce bland carbs, like 1/4 slice of toast or 1/4 cup of dry cereal like cheerios. if you can keep THAT down for an hour, try a spoon or two of applesauce or 1/4 banana. move slow, your stomach may still lurch a bit when food touches it.

if you can keep food in for 4 hours you can start the BRAT diet in full, increasing food (bananas, rice, toast, applesauce). you can also add plain pasta (no topping, maybe a sprinkle of parm cheese if you need it), a smidge of peanut butter on the toast or some jelly. by tomorrow you can go back to normal except I would avoid heavy dairy, spice, meat, etc.

I hope that helps. Don't push it, listen to your body. if you push too fast, you can v again just as a reflex. so go slow and take it easy today.

after 5 hours I wouldn't think it to happen again. Poor thing! Just eat lightly and have crackers, plain toast, plain rice, clear sodas. hang in there

You can get through this. I got a bad stomach bug 2 months ago and threw up 3 times and today on Florencr Italy I am sitting here in the room with food poisoning and I can feel the terrible nausea a coming and going. It's not bad once it happens but the constant waiting is where it gets me. Good luck and feel better

Thank you everyone, I am not going to school today just because that put a TON of stress on my body, which I think worsened it. Its so crazy that we base our lives around this fear, then it happens and there is nothing you can do. I feel empowered in a way, because I got through it and it wasnt the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

hang in there